Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173
A screen protector is a must!!! All the device screens scratch...
Best Answer

Will it still look just as sleek with the protection?! That’s what I’m wondering 😕

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you just put on a screen protector it will still look sleek.... if you buy a bumper all around it looks funny....honestly I have the ionic and the casing around the watch I never had a problem with . I’m expecting the same with my versa ......screen protector has always kept it looking new and fresh.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. I bought and had these before I even received my Versa. I had major issues with the screen cracking and scratching with my Blaze, and was more prepared for this one!

Best Answer

just purchased a screen protector and a bumper for my Versa will have it by Saturday! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it scratched itself while you were sleeping?

Think about that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. That was funny Greg. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not too bad I have the Rose Gold finish with a Champagne colored band[Image]

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would recommend a screen protector but not the bumper/case because if you put a case on your watch it won't fit the charging port for your watch. You literally have to take off the band each time to take off the case so you can charge it. I rather risk the scratches on my silver aluminum case rather than deal with the hassle of taking it apart each charge.

Best Answer

Im with @Stollalong on this. Screen protectors are a must for me, but I can put up with scratches on the casing. It is only alumimium so it will scratch. I use IQ Shields on my Ionic and find them excellent. Easy to install (wet install) and you cant see it is on there.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Is it full coverage? There are few reviews on Amazon on IQshield but the negative ones mentioned a mystery notch/cut-out that leaves part of the Versa face exposed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Six days in no scratches. On my first swim I hit the lane rope once and it has left 1 big deep scratch. Time to get screen protectors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hearing about the non durable screen on the Versa is very disappointing.  When I bought my charge 2 I ignored the warnings, but they were very true as the screen was very easily scratched. I was hoping I could upgrade to the new versa, but apparently not. Fitbit can not keep churning out junk without consequences.

Best Answer
I love the versa and now I have a screen protector. So don't use before
getting one. Still **ahem**s me it didn't come with one. Fitbit would have
known from testing.
Best Answer

I agree with  @Prado I bought mine from Best Buy and got their warranty so I feel more at ease. But I still bought a screen protector and case (even though it’s a hassle to take on and off to charge but not a big inconvenience). I’ve hit my watch on door knobs and such so this case has been pretty good lol.  image.jpgimage.jpg

Best Answer
I have used watches for ever and never had to use screen protectors and
with reasonable use they did not get scratched. My cell phone does not
have a screen protector and never gets scratched, but then again it is made
of a durable material (unlike the Fitbit). I just will not buy another
Fitbit until this issue is taken care of. Just use some Gorilla glass for
crying out loud.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit are not made to last, straps break and the screens scratch, better to pay more money and get a product that jas sapphire crystal face. However these cost more money.

I wouldn't buy anyother.

Best Answer

I've had good luck so far with my Charge 2, Blaze, and now the Versa's screen. 

No scratches on any of them, but I'm pretty careful with my tech.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now covered in scratches and apparently that is not covered under the warranty. Incredibly frustrating.

Versa Scratches

Best Answer

Me too in a few weeks my screen is covered with scratches .....

Best Answer
0 Votes