Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173
You had better be happy if you spent that much money😉.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a new FitBit Versa 2 and had my watch on for 1 day and it got scratched somehow. Wish FitBit would recommend a screen protector to add to your cart in check out, i didn't know it would scratch this easy! Bummed 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had searched for this topic before I upgraded to the versa 3. I’ve had mine for four days and there’s a giant scratch across the front of the screen. Fitbit support won’t do anything for me at all. What garbage. This thing is not fit for regular people to wear, I have done nothing but sit around the house and type on devices since Christmas, nothing that would justify this kind of scratching. I’ve ordered screen protectors now but that’s a bit too late. I was so excited to upgrade to a fancier device and now every time I look at it it makes me furious instead of excited.

This is absolutely going to be my last Fitbit and I am warning everybody I know not to buy one. This is pathetic service.

Best Answer

I always had Fitbit devices but went another route this year due to the scratching and customer service with the Fitbit Versa. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking about just returning mine to Amazon since I’ve only had it a week, and Amazon will at least stand behind the product that you buy from them - unlike Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have had mine going on 2 years.  I'm a woodworker and spend a lot of time in the shop working with lumber, tools, etc.  My watch is still like new.

You really need to look at this from Fitbit's point of view. You did not get a scratch on the screen that severe by simply sitting in a chair and typing. They don't just grow on their own account. An event occurred that caused the scratch. That event was not the fault of Fitbit. If you need to make a case to them you need to really think about exactly what happened that caused it and whether it should have been able to withstand that type of thing.  Then present your case.

I have gone through a couple of Aria scales, and my experience with their support has been outstanding. One was out of warranty and they still replaced it.

Just another viewpoint...

Best Answer

My gosh, this must be the very first time in the history of recorded history that a random man who knows nothing about the case told a woman he didn’t believe something she was saying, and tried to convince her she didn’t know what she was talking about, although she was there and he wasn’t. I am utterly shocked that this could happen, why would a man just randomly not believe me when I was saying something that legitimately happened to me…

Oh yeah right. Never mind.

Also, like anybody believes you’re a woodworker. You’re undoubtedly a 14-year-old getting paid in rupees to work as a corporate apologist. Whatever dude.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting reply.  So, you assume I am a man because I participate in a woodworking hobby.  You subsequently assume I have issues with women in general and don't believe them and that I think you don't know what you are talking about.  Then, you decide that I am not a man, but a young person getting paid in Indian currency, and as such misrepresenting myself and falsely posting a message on a company forum in the hopes of making you feel belittled.

Not that somebody like this needs this kind of clarification, but I'll do it anyway:

I am a man (correct) that has been married for 40 years to a strong, successful woman.

I have fellow female Woodworker's that would be quite annoyed at your first assumption they must all be men.

I work with a great many people from India that would be extremely upset by your depiction of them as liars and cheats for a corporate entity.

I also have the privilege of working with a good number of female engineers that I have a great deal of respect for.

You really need to take a look at your conduct around this.  If nothing else I can see why your call to support went so well.

Happy New Year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assumed you were a man because your reply was so condescending and immediately disregarded my actual lived experience. As for the rest of it, please just be quiet, the grown-ups are trying to solve a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand what you are saying. My watch got a crack that dented the
upper part of the screen. It still works but I bought it because it was
waterproof which I do not trust it to be any longer. I had the watch maybe
2 weeks by then. I was standing in my kitchen and it dropped onto a
wooden floor that had linoleum tile on it. It should not have happened.
If you read the reviews some have cracked while the person was sleeping.
Maybe they hit the headboard with it. A sports watch should have been able
to withstand a least some falling and getting hit. I don't know about now
but there were A LOT of the Versa watches cracking around that time. I
feel there was a defect in the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The glass is definitely not as it should be (perhaps mouse glass 🙄). My first Versa scratched easily. When that one died after the usual 16 months (moisture), I immediately fitted the replacement (luckily through credit card insurance benefit) Versa 2 with screen protector. I don't have anything to protect it from moisture where the sensors come in contact with the skin. Perhaps the new Fitbit owner will improve the reliability?

Best Answer

That sounds like it would be your best bet.  Fitbit will not offer you any support.  Good Luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Fitbit Versa 2 for Christmas 2019. Not one scratch on it until a few months ago. I worked as a Lab Technician and now a Covid tester and no scratches at all. Now, I was outside with my dogs and tripped, hitting my watch on the sidewalk. Just putting it out there, I'm one that had it good with mine. Getting ready to upgrade this week to a 3 but I'll be buying a screen protector for this one. Just a feeling I have. 

Best Answer
I am glad you had really good success with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes