Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2.1 Firmware Update (72.1.9)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/20/2021: We've updated to 100%

We started releasing Fitbit OS 4.2.1 to Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2 customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED 

Read our help article for the latest updates. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Best Answer
518 REPLIES 518

@Kattyrose If it's brand new, wait a few days. You'll get another update notification. That's usually the case with new trackers that can't install the SP0 Clock face.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this very issue. My watch used to stay charged for 4 or 5 days and now it doesn’t last for 12 hours. I purchased my in November. Very disappointed in Fitbit. 

Best Answer
If you purchased in November then you are still under warranty so you
should call and request a replacement! Then when you get it don't update to
the newest software.
Best Answer
I’ve been trying to verify what the warranty is. I saw 45 days and 90 days and 1 year if extended warranty was purchased. I may give a try though. Thanks!

Kristi Crosby
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kristi3243 45 days is Fitbits return window. If you bought from an authorized retailer in the US, you get a standard 1 year warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The replacement doesn't update to the latest software right away so you
shouldn't have an issue, just after you do do the initial update then never
update again 😆
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t install the update originally as I know not to install their updates. However my watch stopped logging sleep - support refused to do anything until I installed the update despite my telling them the known issues. All they would repeat is you must install the update.

So as soon as anything goes wrong with you watch you will be told to install the update.

I have a similar issue going on with my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts exactly. They need to fix the software.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay great. Thank you for the info.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe the update is a coincidence but since I updated my Versa 2 my battery is draining in approximately 6 hours. I have tried everything including a factory reset and my device is less than a year old so I don’t know what to do! Is anyone else having this issue and have suggestions? Thanks for any help! 

Best Answer

I’m so sorry your having this issue too! Hope we hear back soon as to a fix! Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue now. 
I got my replacement Fitbit last month because of the issues with the update and haven’t updated to the latest software and now it’s stopped recording my sleep. 

im beyond frustrated. 

Best Answer

I may make that switch too. I originally had a Versa and then I got it wet in the ocean in November and it went stupid so I purchased the Versa 2 and with these battery issues I can barely wear it at all. Or maybe I’ll switch back to garmin. I never had any issues with that one. 

Best Answer

I had a warranty replacement Versa 2 as mine was under a year old and have NOT applied the update that keeps coming up on my phone. Battery charge is normal and most features appear to be working but sometimes hasn't connected to GPS which can be frustrating.

The old Versa 2 was losing charge daily and none of the stats were working and it had become just a watch.

If you can get a warranty replacement then do so BUT DO NOT update it after the initial setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning Billythewiz, Thank you so much for that information I really appreciate it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue.  Completely inaccurate and doesn’t sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t tell if mine is syncing or not. It doesn’t even stay charged for 6 hours now so it’s always on the charger. Currently it is dead but my app shows the battery to be 100%. 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:
Best Answer

Mine stopped working too

-------------------

My Versa 2 has also died overnight

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thank you all for your participation in this thread. Please know all of your feedback has been passed on to the team at this time. We look forward to bringing you our next firmware release, please stay tuned. We will be closing this thread for further responses.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer