Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Under Counting Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa, used to have an Alta.  Walk approx. 2.18 miles every morning.  Alta used to get approx. 4400 steps, Versa gets 3800-3900.  Boyfriend recently purchased an Inspire, goes on same exact walk, gets about 4400-4500 steps and his stride length is longer than mine (28 vs 27) so should get less steps.  Distance is always all but identical but I seem to be way short of steps.  Over the past few months have tried counting steps numerous times: walk 100/counts 89-90, walk 50/counts 45, walk 200/counts 178/180, so obviously only counting 89-90% of steps.  Have tried numerous times to reboot Versa and app, restore to factory settings, etc, nothing has changed.  FitBit's live support only suggestion is to sync, go out and walk 100 steps while on the phone with them and see how many it counts when I sync again, which I have done NUMEROUS times over the past few months on my own, it's clearly not counting right so no help there.  Also say they only strive for 95% accuracy which I get but I'm at 89-90% accuracy and losing approx. 500 steps compared to my partner on a walk or essentially 1500-1600 on a 15,000 day seems too off to me.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Have you ever compared your tracker to your steps @JHash?

Let's take a walk while counting your steps in your head, then compare the results to what the tracker recorded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what I have done many ties and FitBIt recommended I do.  100 steps counted equaled 82 on my FitBit but that's normal?...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it sorted out? I bought my Versa in late spring, but it seems the step count is wildly random and each day is a new adventure in learning what my step count will turn out to be. I've regularly go for my hourly walk around my building floor and one lap is approximately 100 steps, depending on my stride length that day. However, I just counted out 1000 steps after 10 laps and the Versa only recorded 528. I usually don't take my phone with me as it's a concrete and steel building with no windows along my route, so GPS reception is terrible. When I had a Charge, the biggest problem I had was the band kept bubbling and I had it replaced every 3-4 months for a year. Then I had a Charge HR and the step count was maybe 85%. When I got this one, I expected much better results from several years of improvements in technology, but it seems to be worse! I'm frustrated and starting to wish I had spent the extra money on an Apple Watch.

Best Answer