Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Won't Install New SpO2 Clock Face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I updated my Versa's firmware and tried to install the new SpO2 Clock Face. It won't completely install. Has anyone successfully installed it on their Versa?

https://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-releases-a-special-update-to-help-you-check-your-oxygen-satura...

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I was able to successfully install a clock face. It took a day or so for it to adjust but it is now telling me my spo2 level is on a daily basis, and everything else seems to be spot on on the Versa. Thanks for your input and let's see if we can get everybody else's to work properly. Good luck!

Fitbit Enthusiast
Best Answer

I was able to finally install the SpO2 clock face. I'm disappointed to learn that the SpO2 readings are not in real time but an average taken while sleeping. This feature is of little use to me. A more useful reading would be of what my current level is at any given time. I thought that this new feature would turn my Versa into an oximeter. My Samsung Galaxy phone has had this feature for years. Sigh...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Runner,

Have been wearing Fitbit with new clock face for four days, still no O2 reading. What steps did you take to get the reading to appear?

BAG2020

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you wear it while sleeping?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned my Versa 2 OFF under “settings”, waited a minute, then turned it back on. SPO2 reading was there after that. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

What does that mean? You unpaired it? I dont see where under settings I can turn it off and on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t unpair it. Under “Settings” scroll down to “about” tap it, scroll down to “shutdown”, tap it, choose “yes” (it will ask if you really want to shutdown. Don’t touch “Factory Reset” obviously. 
wait a minute, then hold down the left button (if you have a Versa 2) and in a few seconds the Fitbit logo will appear and the watch will turn on soon after. It’s how I finally got a spo2 reading, I hope it works for you. 

Best Answer
Keep looking, it's there. Labeled 'shut down '. I did it and O2 level now appearing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took me a sad amount of time to figure out you meant settings on the actual watch, lol. Tried it, no dice. I'll hang onto the clock face another day in case tomorrow morning it suddenly works. Thanks for trying to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. I don’t know why it worked for mine but hopefully you’ll find a solution. It honestly only provides a high, low, and average spo2 reading for the night, with no indication when those readings occurred. The big update should come when the app starts showing actual readings throughout the night. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, indeed.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggestion to add battery indicator to face amongst other ideas here: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Able-to-customize-the-stats-of-the-SpO2-clock-fa...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I was able to upload and use, but just yesterday and this morning the SpO2 on the watch face is saying sleep t update. It worked before. I rebooted and still thing.I changed the face abut a week ago. It showed upon my watch and updated and no problem.I’m in USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine also updated. I followed steps but no O2 reading. Did as another community member advised and reset watch. Had O2 readings for about a day and then stopped working again. I gave up and went back to previous face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Installed Spo2 clock face but after good night’s sleep watch displayed “Couldn’t read Spo2 “. Please help to resolve the issue...MD Shahjahan

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did it take for you to get the latest firmware?  I bought a versa 2 for this feature because the canadian clock face site said its available,  but their support couldn't tell me when i woud get the lates watch update so i could install it.

----------------------------

I just tried re-installing the fitbit app on a whim, and it updated to 4.2, and I was able to install the SPO2 face.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could install it in my versa in India but not functioning properly as most of the days it shows “couldn’t read Spo2”.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

And then you are forever in the loop of Fitbit help redirecting you to more tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes