Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drains fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have read pages and pages of people complaining about the battery life on the Versa, but I have not seen the issue I am having.  It's advertised to have a 4 day battery life.  I received a Versa this past Father's Day (June 16th).  I was having issues with it dying in about 2 days.  I then misplaced it for a couple of weeks and just recently found it.  So now, I am past 30 days, and I cannot return the item to the store I bought it from.  So I left it on a charger for about 12 hours.  It read 100% as of this past Sunday.  On Monday around 5:00 PM, the Versa screen was just blank.  No matter what I did nothing was showing.  I stuck it back on the charger, and it started at 52% battery.  I charged it overnight, and this morning it showed 100%.  I put it on, got in the car, and 5 minutes later, again the screen turned blank, and it's not registering any of my steps or activity.  I can't do anything on the actual Versa as I just have a blank screen.  This product has been nothing but frustrating from the day I received it, and I feel awful because my wife did a bunch of research before buying the product.  Now she feels bad because she thinks she didn't do a good job of picking a gift.  Does anyone know how to make this battery issue stop so I can actually use it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@ajfriedman13 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is not lasting as long as it should even though you have charged it for hours. I totally understand how you feel about this.

I'd like you to check out and follow the tips that are listed in this help article. These steps are helpful in order to improve the battery life of your Versa. After this, monitor the battery behavior and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiffdoesfit it's great to see you in our Fitbit forums. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, since your Fitbit Versa's battery is draining fast also, please follow the troubleshooting tips that are listed in my previous post. Then charge your watch completely and see if the battery lasts longer.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery is also draining fast.

I couldn't wear the watch for a month on my wrist as I developed a rejection of the Black rubber strap.

After the my wrist healed I charged up the Versa and went on my merry way only to find that the battery struggled to get through a day.

It looked like the watch had been updated via my bluetooth connection.  Checking the version under "About" it reports 32.31.1.10

I also noticed the the clock face was not displaying as it did previously.

While in Auto brightness I am now finding that I have a pulsing watch display and that with a constant intensity light above it.

As a matter of course when devices are upgraded I shutdown the watch in the hope it my reset anything that was locked during the update.   Unfortunately it didn't change.

Started to play around with the watch like I did when I purchased in 5-6 months ago.

What I have found is the clock face is now pulsing and has very fine lines running across the screen.

Going in to the menu one of the exercise screens can't load and it gets stuck approx 1/4 of the top of the display trying to redraw while also missing 1/2 of the lines that it was trying to display.

Last ditch effort was to do a factory reset on the phone.  This didn't fix it either.

I can't  navigate the phone as it wants me to configure it but won't accept any hand gestures at  it.

I installed the software on my computer but I can't get past a request for me to input a dongle?  The watch is already in the cradle so I have no idea what it is really trying to do.  I have administrator rights to this computer so it is not a permissions thing.

And to top it all off my 6 month old Fitbit Versa wrist band is cracking where the knuckle connects to the strap.  only 6 months!

Is this return warranty issue ?

Update.

wristband broke.

Display never came good.

Returned unit.

Sad part is that the company I returned it to, stated they have many returns of fitbits.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner thank you for getting back. However, I'm sorry to hear that your Versa experienced the same issue. I'm also sorry to hear that you decided to return the unit.

I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit 

I actually replaced it with a new one.

Unfortunately the software on the phone for the fitbit versa is really disappointing and the fact it wants me to pay for my sleep patterns and heart monitoring while asleep makes me wish I had taken the refund offered me.  My grown up son is having a laugh when he compares it to his brand that supplies these features for free.

Gouging the customer is really poor form.

So far I've notice it is not monitoring my heart beat correctly or my sleep patterns.

The best feature is the amoled screen!

Perhaps fitbit will change its money grabbing mentally and return to the customer focused company I thought I was joining.

Still have a couple of months warranty so I'll see how things go.  

First sign of battery capacity dropping off and it's going back for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes