Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drains quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my Versa a little over 2 months now. My battery drains quickly. It won’t last a full 24 hours. Initially, it lasted almost 4 days. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

You can try restarting it: restart

Best Answer

Tried restarting. My battery was at 40% 4 hours ago. Now it’s at 0%

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. The battery life is terrible and the fitness tracker just pauses itself in the middle of a workout. I’ve rebooted many times. Completely disappointed with the Versa. Paid way too much to have this many problems. 

Best Answer

Following, I have exactly the same issue.  Have to recharge after two days of being fully charged.

Best Answer

I bought my wife a Versa Special Edition direct from the Fitbit store (Australia), and after an almost 2 months wait as it was out of stock, and all other retailers didn't have any in stock either, and as it was a birthday present, I didn't have any choice but to wait.

Anyway, she's had it for a couple of weeks, and at the start it was pretty good. The battery didn't last as long as my Ionic, but she managed up to four days.

A couple days ago, the battery wouldn't hold charge, and would drain in under 18 hours. Then it died totally. It got so hot that it was too hot to touch whilst charging. That was after about 1/2 an hour on charge. I am certain that it was never over charged. I checked using a USB tester, which tests the voltage, amps, and mAh, and all were correct. The voltage never climbed over 5 volts. The amps fluctuated up to 0.05 amps. The mAh started off at 0, and gradually climbed to 0.197mAh.

I am hoping that Fitbit will replace it under warranty.

So far we like the look and features, but the quality and reliability is lacking.

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue as my Versa was perfect right after I purchased it. Battery last for 3 days; almost 4 days. But last Sunday, it suddenly drain quickly. And I keep tracking on the battery and found it drain 4-5 percent per hour. Even during my sleep time (around 6 hours of sleep time) it dropped from 60% to less than 20% when I woke up. This really strange. 

I am now contacting the Fitbit support; they just gave me generate feedback which didn't help much. 

And I also made a factory reset on my Versa and wish that it will "come back". But, NO; battery keep draining few percent per hour. I can't think of any solution at this moment. 

Any more people met the same battery issue? 

Best Answer

I ended up getting a replacement Versa. Because none of the troubleshooting tips provided helped. I’m fact my battery continued to get worse. Some of the troubleshooting solutions I was given was to restart your Fitbit, to set your screen to manual, turn off text and email notifications and refresh/update your Versa frequently.

Best Answer

I actually just received my replacement, and haven’t used it yet. Did that make a difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes