Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my screen just went dark. The heart rate light in the back is on, the watch still buzzes with notifications and it still sends sync data to my phone. I tried the manual restart because that worked once when this happened before. But not any longer ... Anyone have ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

@Zaelel wrote:

So, my screen just went dark. The heart rate light in the back is on, the watch still buzzes with notifications and if still sends sync data to my phone. I tried the manual restart because that worked once when this happened before. But not any longer... Anyone have ideas?

Only two things left.  Do a Factory Reset back to out of box condition and/or contact Customer Support. If you want to try the Factory Reset, swipe left to Settings, touch About and touch Factory Reset. Customer Support.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Zaelel and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you have followed our friend's recommendation and contacted our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for following up with me! I did give the support team a call.  They were wonderful. The support team was unable to resolve the problem.   But after I sent them a video of a failed factory reset, they announced it dead on arrival. After I ship it in the team offered to replace it.

Best Answer

Those are great news @Zaelel, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have a similar problem this morning. After charging (?) over night, the screen is entirely blank, and unresponsive. One green light occasionally flickers on the back. Perhaps it didn't charge, but that would be unprecedented. I notice a firmware upgrade is pending and wonder if it were botched.

The device is less than two months old. This is annoying,

Best Answer
Sorry that happened. You probably saw, but I had to return mine, so you may
have to do that as well. I completely agree - it's very frustrating. I've
had mine for less time than it's been returning mine back and forth.

Amanda Strasser
Best Answer

This morning my Versa watch face went blank. I can see that it is syncing with my iPhone, but I can't see anything on my Versa. Please help and advise.

LN                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Best Answer
0 Votes
You could try the reset and factory reset. If neither of those work I would
call customer support.

Amanda Strasser
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks but nothing helps. At least it still syncs with my iPhone.

My son is going to take it back when I see him. Shame, he gave it to me for Mothers Day this year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit agreed to replace mine, but is taking forever, and after more fussiness than is really necessary. Also, rather than sending the replacement by UPS or USPS, they are using a delivery service called 'Narval' , which is taking a full week. It is not impressive customer service. 
Best Answer

Thanks for the info, Realist.

I will ask my son to restart the Versa. If not successful, he will take it back to to store.

Fortunately, I can still see all the data on my iPhone.

Hope all goes well with your new Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to me. Should it happen again, try placing the fitbit on the charger. The display came back the moment I put the versa on the charger. Battery was at 93% so the problem didn't initially stem from a depleted battery.. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did, and it didn't. 
Best Answer

Exact same thing with mine, I  could see everything on my Galaxy, but not on the Versa screen.  The display died.  I worked with customer support on Saturday and sent it back yesterday, it's going to be a long few weeks...

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, if it works the same as mine, they will take forever to get it back to you . . . . and then without a wristband. I don't think the technology can be protected by patent. It will be a delight when something reasonable emerges, and you can tell them cheerfully to f---k off. 
Best Answer

I only sent back the device.  I kept the wrist bands and charger.  Fitbit has always been very helpful when I've had issues.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do a factory reset if you can't see the screen? 

Best Answer
I believe you press down the left button and upper right simultaneously. However, that didn't work on my Versa. The screen was gone, gone, gone. The company replaced  it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ELLIEMAYo wrote:

How do you do a factory reset if you can't see the screen? 

Follow the instructions below, Ellie:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.  

IK you can't get it to work on the first try, try again several times if necessary.  It is a bit tricky.  Good Luck!

Best Answer