Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my screen just went dark. The heart rate light in the back is on, the watch still buzzes with notifications and it still sends sync data to my phone. I tried the manual restart because that worked once when this happened before. But not any longer ... Anyone have ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

I went to the Fitbit app and started a chat. The representative told me to restart the device, it did not work. Fitbit sent me a new one. It takes 3-5 days to receive it. My thought were they would ask me to mail this one back, but they don’t want it, so obviously the Fitbit can’t be repaired for vertical lines and a black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to the Fitbit app and started a chat. The representative told me to restart the device, it did not work. Fitbit sent me a new one. It takes 3-5 days to receive it. My thought were they would ask me to mail this one back, but they don’t want it, so obviously the Fitbit can’t be repaired for vertical lines and a black screen.

Best Answer

That’s wonderful news! I just filled out the replacement form and thought it would take a long time.  It looks like they’ve also changed the policy regarding having to send back the broken one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They can definitely have this broken one back, it’s useless, lol

Best Answer

What is your screen is black how do you reset? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You don't, in my case. The watch has crashed. I gave up, and went back to the Fitbit2. I was beyond warranty. Customer support was beyond belief bad, 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this resolved?

After 1.5 yrs my Fitbit's screen went black, the light in the back is on too!  It won't restart nor vibrate 😔🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine. At first it wouldn't even sync to my phone but now it is. The device actually tracks exercise, vibrates when I get calls and messages but the screen is blank. Factory reset didn't work. I called customer service when it first happened and the warranty had just expired so they pushed me to pay for the newest versa that had just been released. I refused to fork out more  money and any time I call back, support doesn't even attempt to trouble shoot....just tell me that I have to try factory reset and that if that doesn't work then the device is fried. The first tech told me that if I could  change the  clock face then it might start back working, but the device wouldn't sync. Now that it syncs and I've changed the clock face, I still can't get the screen to work or factory  reset. Im not happy with Fitbit at all. I refuse to pay for another device and it stops working on me when the newest version  ones out (this happened with the charge as well)

Best Answer
0 Votes