Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So angry and frustrated. My Versa (less than a month old) has died this morning, nothing, nada, zero, blank screen. It won't charge up it won't do anything. It was fine yesterday with a full charge not this morning nothing and I lost a whole work out!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
292 REPLIES 292

So you think it may have something to do with the latest update?  Mine is still dead as can be.  I keep holding out hope that it will miraculously begin working again!  I can't bring myself to buy another Fitbit because of this.  Not sure what to do.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I want to believe in Fitbit, but after this product fail I can't right now.  When I contacted support, they told me that since it was no longer within the warranty, their only solution is to give me 35% off of a new Fitbit.  However, only the older ones that have new versions are eligible for the discount.  It should be available on any model!  Woe is me!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I believe there is something wrong on the update of the watch. It is not
the first time. Last year I contacted the support because the back button
is not working and I cannot turn it on. They sent me lots of links to fix
it then I found one that pressed the 3 buttons together. I remember it
happened after the watch update.
Anyway, it is not a good time to purchase a new one. All the new one after
a couple of months, even the other brand.
Last year I was the same as you"hope that it will miraculously" fix the
buttons. I was happy they fixed it this update but then the nightmare
began.
Today after the App update the watch cannot sync and refresh. Before I
still thought I gave the new one Sense a try and now I have no confidence
in this brand.
Best Answer
Hi JayyDee,

Please do not throw it in the garbage. It is poisoning the environment.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the Information.   I'm thinking i may just go with a timex for awhile.  Lol.  I'm not an Apple person so getting one of those makes no sense.  I'd love to know if you find a good alternative.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How about Garxxn? I am an IOS person so maybe I will follow their next
one. Honestly , my mum has her IOS one in 2018 June and my versa in 2018
April. My mum's still working well.
I was a Pebble person and this one is perfect for me. Anyway, I was the
same as you before, not an IOS person. But compared to my mum's one now I
think I would like to spend more and get a longer life smartwatch!
Galxxy, Amazxxz are not a good choice, one always broken and one from
xiaoxx.
Maybe I will try Garxxn or Fossxx.
Best Answer
0 Votes
  • That’s happening to me, too - exactly what you described.  Factory reset did nothing.😞
Best Answer

Unfortunately after several tries with Fitbit support staff, they declared my Versa Fitbit dead.

I ended up buying  a new versa 2. They gave me 30% off the price for the versa 2.   

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having the same issue with black screen. I tried reset and screen blinks  grey then back to black.

Best Answer
Yup. Went to Samsung galaxy watch. Now that I'm use to it i love it, but
I've learned and got the extended warranty not taking any chances.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's what mine did.  I hoped the sign that there was light on the screen there was still life in there, but alas, no.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sending mine back only 20 days old , blank screen, can’t reboot, syncs okay but that’s about it tried everything I can online 

But apart from that it doesn’t do what it claims, heart rate it useless, music function doesn’t work properly, erratically  decides when it is going to tell me the weather 

okay this is not a high end watch but the basics are not good 

shame as I like the look and the concept 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its really frustrated products like Fitbit having these technical issues in their products. I bought versa 2 a month ago but suddenly gone dead last night. I tried to hard reset but didnt work. Put on charger all night but no luck. Spoke to online support officer but they cant figure out either.  I think chinese cheap smart watches are much better than these well known expensive  brands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

Thank you for sharing how you feel about this. I see where your frustration is coming from. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. 

If your Versa screen is blank, let's try restarting it and make sure it's fully charged. If you experience the same after performing the troubleshooting recommended, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to help you. 

As of right now, this thread will be closed. However, you can always create a new thread if needed. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer