Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with notifications. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. If your Versa is syncing to your app, let's ensure this procedure has been followed to set them up correctly. Also, take into consideration that if your Versa is set to Sleep mode or DND, you won't receive notifications when they are activated.

I wanted to take the opportunity to share this as why the "all day sync" option was removed, To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life. 

Last but not least, this thread will be closed. However, you can create a new thread if needed. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

Having the same issues didn't want to start a new thread for the same problem.

Best Answer

You have to go to the fitbit app. Press the rectangle next to the picture of the fitbit. Click versa. Scroll down past the blocks with clock face, apps, etc. There will be things underneath. I turned on my "All day sync", "always connected", and then click notifications. Turn on text messages and calls. Then go under app notifications and aalow Fitbit notifications. That is all I have on with mine and I get notification for everything. Just cannot answer phone calls with my android.

Best Answer

I tried what you suggested and now the Fitbit app keeps telling me there is a bluetooth issue and cannot sync or connect.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same exact issue.

Best Answer

I've done all this and it's still not working. 

Best Answer
I'm not sure what is going on with yours then. Check your Bluetooth and make sure it is paired with your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So after an hour or so I got it to work, before you do the step that @Staci24 added, unpair the versa and shut off the blue tooth, restart the Phone and the Versa then reconnect everything, my is working as of now.

Best Answer
Contact fitbit or try looking up videos on YouTube
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bluetooth is connected to device. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I only get notifications part of the time - had my phone in my tool belt all day at work and only half the notifications come through. Frustrating. This is more of a fitness tracker first and foremost with some added stuff thrown in as a bonus (or not, depending on how its working lol)

Best Answer

Has anyone solved this on an IPhone? The all-day sync button does not have the choices associated with it that are noted in the Android response.

I have turned off, rebooted, checked bluetooth etc. I used to get texts, nothing today.  Anyone succeed in fixing this on an iPhone?

Best Answer

Thanks LS643 this worked.

Best Answer

I have a new solution that just worked for me.

I was having the same issues as previously discussed- synced but not recieving notifications...

go into your versa settings, go to Blue tooth,  turn on to sync with music. It then asked to pair with my phone and viola! Texts and phone calls instantly!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

When I first got my versa it worked almost flawlessly (for notifications anyways). Now within the past few days or so, i've been noticing at random times that they just stop.  Or if I'm too far away from my phone, obviously I won't get them, but when I come back within bluetooth radius, it still doesn't connect back to my bluetooth.  But then even if I got a notification once, and like 10 minutes later still sitting in the same place and my phone in the same place, notifications stop coming through randomly.  I have Always Connected and Keep Alive widget on.  

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

OMG I think I love you!  I have been working on trying to figure this out for two days!!  And you were the answer!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My pleasure! 
Best Answer

I know this sounds crazy as I had the same issue and then I saw a small article that said the same issue was had by a few people and had they switched on their notifications? Yes I was also one of those that guffawed and thought does this guy think I am stupid? Well turns out I was! If you wake your screen up on the Versa then hold the single button on the left hand side for a couple of seconds you get a quick set up menu and one of them is the notifications option and mine was off. Simple solution and now I love my Versa even more! Hope this helps some of you as I had done all the reset stuff that was reported and nothing had worked. 

Best Answer

I have not had any luck solving the problem with the iPhone. I’ve worked through troubleshooting on the phone with Fitbit staff and was given a reference number for further inquiries. I’ve continued via email to resolve the problem. It was working fine one day and then all of a sudden nothing at all. Per Fitbit this is isolated to iPhone iOS and not seen on other devices. They’re trying to resolve the problem. It’s been a month and I’m wishing I would have purchased an IWatch. I never had any problems on my charge 2 watch. So far I’m extremely disappointed with the versa. I hope you have better luck!

Best Answer

Thank you! It works !

Best Answer
0 Votes