Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

do you have an iphone? did you make any recent software updates or change any settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean “versa settings”. On my phone?  Watch? Or app?  Nothing is working for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my Versa setup to receive LESS notifications and texts because it suddenly had terrible battery life when Covid-19 news started flooding my watch. Reducing notifications brought me back to five day battery life. 

However, many suggestions to set the watch to “All day sync” are likely to shorten battery life. Plus, after the latest Fitbit app version 3.28 update earlier this week, THERE IS NO “ALL DAY SYNC” function. Just “Sync Now”.

Again, fortunately, I don’t want to Sync All Day. 

Does Fitbit have an explanation about removing All Day Sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! You have to go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone. Next to versa, hit the “I” icon  and then turn on “share notifications “. And that’s it!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, for all of you who are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome! 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with notifications. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. If your Versa is syncing to your app, let's ensure this procedure has been followed to set them up correctly. Also, take into consideration that if your Versa is set to Sleep mode or DND, you won't receive notifications when they are activated.

I wanted to take the opportunity to share this as why the "all day sync" option was removed, To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life. 

Last but not least, this thread will be closed. However, you can create a new thread if needed. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer