Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So angry and frustrated. My Versa (less than a month old) has died this morning, nothing, nada, zero, blank screen. It won't charge up it won't do anything. It was fine yesterday with a full charge not this morning nothing and I lost a whole work out!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
292 REPLIES 292

Mine is doing the same thing after not even having it two weeks. I’m going to try returning it to the store I purchased it from. After reading about all the issues people are having with this I’m not sure I want another one. May stick with my Charge 2 or spend the extra money for an Apple Watch. I’m very disappointed with Fitbit on this one....so frustrating with all the problems people are having and the hoops they are making people jump through to get a different one when it’s obviously a big issue. Sorry for the long rant🤪

Best Answer
Good luck with that. They are extremely slow doing replacements.  Poor service.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
I feel you on that one .. I haven’t heard from them yet I was think about returning it to and getting the Apple Watch.. when I read all the problems ppl are having and how much it cost and for them to give us a run around just to get a new is just wrong

Thank you
DANNA
A smile 😀 can make one persons day !!!
Best Answer
I did a factory reset and it works fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

Thank you, Janey, for posting what worked for you.

Best Answer

I cannot understand why this is marked solved.  My sceen went black this morning and the reset buttons / procedure outlined here did not work.  Possibly because it thinks it is ok and will receive buzzes every so often.  Please suggest something else or send all in this chain new versas with mail slips to return old and then let us all know what was wrong and that you have fixed.  If you cannot do, please send us all refunds.

Best Answer
I try that too .. went on the this site and tried everything that ppl said to do before I called Fitbit support

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer

I got an e-mail today to send them my address and they will be sending me a replacement. Nothing about sending the dead one back. Will update when I hear more. They have been very prompt at returning my e-mails.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am with you on this !! They are having so many issues with this versa and then give us a hard time when we ask for a new one !!

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
Very pleased with how prompt they were, guess they realize there was a problem. Hope this one is not going to go dead on me.😀
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good news...did you contact them directly?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

I contacted them through customer support on here and they emailed me. Very pleased with how prompt they were. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I unsubscribe from this? I do not like being bombarded every few minutes with similar complaints. I moved on.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you
How long did it take from the time you sent your Fitbit in to tell you that they will be replacing it

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have to send mine back. I contacted them late Tuesday afternoon and by Thursday afternoon they were in the process of sending me a replacement. Told me to recycle the dead one.  I am very pleased with the whole process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this thread because I too am having a problem with the screen on my new Versa. While resetting it didn't work, because I can't see what's on the screen, I have to say thank you. You seem to be such a positive and kind hearted person. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing fine.

I am glad to see here that for some of you this issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Now for the ones that keep having issues, I would like to know if you have tried to restart your units? If you haven't, I recommend restarting them by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Also, which one of you have already contacted support regarding this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried resetting mine a few times, still having issues with the screen. Contacted support already. Not thrilled with having to send mine back and wait for a replacement.

Best Answer
Sent my back 2 weeks ago nothing from the them .. then sent them a email asking if they received my Fitbit they said it is still in route.. this is so wrong ..

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer

Sorry to hear that! You are right that is so wrong! I returned mine to the store I purchased it from without any issues. Didn’t get another one either. I decided to spend the extra money and get an Apple Watch. I really like it so far. It is taking a little learning curve in regards to how the fitness part works compared to using Fitbit for so many years but I think it’s better overall. I do miss the challenge with friends part with Fitbit. Hope you get a replacement or a refund soon!!

Best Answer