Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So angry and frustrated. My Versa (less than a month old) has died this morning, nothing, nada, zero, blank screen. It won't charge up it won't do anything. It was fine yesterday with a full charge not this morning nothing and I lost a whole work out!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
292 REPLIES 292
I am bummed that I don’t have it right now , is there any kind of challenges on the apple and can you down load a yoga appt on it ? I Been doing Crossfit and yoga these days

Thank you
DANNA
A smile 😀 can make one persons day !!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever hear back from them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to email them 3 days ago asking if they got my Fitbit that I mailed on the 22 of June and they said it was still in route.. wow right !!

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your replacement. I got mine yesterday and am so happy to have it back. The customer service did a great job helping me and I have no complaints.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder how they decide who has to send theirs back before they send a replacement and who they will just send a replacement to? I have been a continuous Fitbit customer since 2012, and I loved my Versa for the almost 10 weeks it worked.  When the screen went blank, I  trouble-shooted it myself, before I called.  I then had to send them the video and I sent mt Versa to Fitbit on June 25th.  I see it got there on July 3rd, but they are telling me it now that it will take 5 business days (July 11th) before I can expect the replacement to be sent back to me.  I am trying to wait patiently, but it upsets me that someone else just got a replacement sent without all the waiting time that I am experiencing.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Since posting that video on youtube, I've seen dozens of reports of this, with different people (different countries / support regions?) having varying success in fixing it themselves / having to get a replacement.. but its definitely happening. Fitbit has been very quiet on this issue publicly so we don't really know what's the root cause of this...

The fact that SOME people can fix it with a reset suggests a software bug / firmware issue... but if so, fitbit should get a fix out asap as its very expensive to keep replacing units unnecessarily and its still happening to people. On the other hand, the reset simply did not work for me (multiple attempts, some successful but no fix for the screen issue) so perhaps it is a hardware or design fault... in which case I hope they've secretly updated the design or identified the faulty batch otherwise mine could  be dying again in around a week or so!

Best Answer
Yes that’s how I feel .. there is so many post that’s says there got there versa and didn’t even have have to return there’s .. I still have not heard from them if they received my back .. I loved my too and I miss it .. there is something wrong with the versa and they should know that by now .. I am so disappointed with Fitbit right now .. we payed a lot of money for the versa and I been with out mine going on 3 weeks .. I did the same tied to fix it before I call support.. had to send a video too this just is wrong

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called FITBIT, and they would not replace mine until they received the original in their warehouse.

I had bought mine from Macy's,on May 2, and it died July 9, and they were happy to take it back and send me another, or credit my account.

They were also happy to give me the special price I received in May, as well as send it next day air at no charge to me.

I was going to return it and get the Apple, but I decided to give it one more try since Macy's will give me my money back if it stops working.

I don't usually buy electronics from department stores, but they have great return policies, and sales, so I may start doing that.

If this one dies, I will buy the Apple watch.

Best Answer

Same happened to me. I sent it in and it’s been 3 weeks and I have not received my Versa replacement. It’s been frustrating to say the least. 

I hope you can get yours soon, though. When I called customer service I was told it would be 14-21 days for me to get it. This is day #24. 

Not happy! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is very frustrating !!
We payed good money for this and they know there is Something wrong with the software so why don’t they fix it and just give us a new one and then we send the old one back , I am so Disappointed in fitbit support and The way they are handling most of the customers complain

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I reread my message, and what I didn’t make clear, was that I ended up dealing with MACY’S and they were amazing.

I will have my new Versa on Thursday, and am heading to UPS to return the broken one later today.

IF it breaks again, I will return it to Macy’s for my money back, and get the Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Hi there, 

Having exactly the same problem. Only had my versa for 5 WEEKS! And yup, blank screen, no flashing HR light, nothing. All of a sudden. Have scoured these blogs and attempted multiple resets but to no avail. It’s sinolu dead. Been a loyal Fitbit customer since the original Charge, but issues like this, are making me reconsider a move to Apple. 

Best Answer
I just got a email telling me they received my watch on July 6 no email from them I had to email them this morning to see if they received it .. they told me it could take up 10 days to look it too replace for it and it is past the 45 day refund mark .. I am so disappointed with Fitbit company !! It isn’t the customers problem that they are having Software problems with the versa And they have known this for a long time because if you look at the thread it goes back six-month , and more people are having problems with this watch

Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think Sue22 is a plant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not a plant. I don't know why everyone else is having problems getting your Versa fixed. I just did everything I was asked to do. I'm sorry you are having problems but I am very pleased with the customer service. They were very prompt and helpful!

Best Answer

Hi, everyone!

I hope you are doing fine and sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your Fitbit. It's great to hear that some of you have already fixed this issue with our support team.

For the ones that have tried all troubleshoot provided and confirmed that this issue persists, I recommend getting in touch with support directly, for a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Let me know if you need anything else. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response, but FitBits response to this issue is sorely lacking!  Despite what others have stated in this log, I got NO response to my first post, nor to my tweet and had to Call.   The people were not overly helpful and did not offer solutions that others said they received.  I had to take a video and send.  Ai folliwed the instructions to the letter and my video was rejected due to size.  I had to try again and again it was too large.  I was instructed to take another video with only show unplug and tapping.  That one was accepted, however I was instructed to send the phone back.  I was assured that you would take every effort to get the new watch to me, including using overnight. With the holiday, I got in the mail on the 5th and then called on the 7th to follow up.  When I called, your support told me that it had not been received and to call back in a WEEK!  When i called on the 13th, I was told it had been received on the 7th and that I should expect to have the watch back sometime next week.  So much for "acting promptly"!  I was assured that the issues had been corrected, but was not told what the issue was.  

I will reiterate my earlier comment that for FitBit to make users go through this is bad business since this is obviously a known problem.  You should at a minumum replace the watch overnight and send a postage receipt to have the old one returned.  FURTHER, YOU SHOULD COMPENSATE THOSE OF US WHO HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO TRY TO INFORM YOU....Im not sure how, but maybe with additional product options...not discounts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response, but FitBits response to this issue is sorely lacking!  Despite what others have stated in this log, I got NO response to my first post, nor to my tweet and had to Call.   The people were not overly helpful and did not offer solutions that others said they received.  I had to take a video and send.  Ai folliwed the instructions to the letter and my video was rejected due to size.  I had to try again and again it was too large.  I was instructed to take another video with only show unplug and tapping.  That one was accepted, however I was instructed to send the phone back.  I was assured that you would take every effort to get the new watch to me, including using overnight. With the holiday, I got in the mail on the 5th and then called on the 7th to follow up.  When I called, your support told me that it had not been received and to call back in a WEEK!  When i called on the 13th, I was told it had been received on the 7th and that I should expect to have the watch back sometime next week.  So much for "acting promptly"!  I was assured that the issues had been corrected, but was not told what the issue was.  I will reiterate my earlier comment that for FitBit to make users go through this is bad business since this is obviously a known problem.  You should at a minumum replace the watch overnight and send a postage receipt to have the old one returned.  FURTHER, YOU SHOULD COMPENSATE THOSE OF US WHO HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO TRY TO INFORM YOU....Im not sure how, but maybe with additional product options...not discounts.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your support team did NOT help.
I returned my Versa to MACY'S where they were incredibly helpful.
If the one MACY'S replaced goes blank, then I will be buying the Apple watch.
I found your service people to be frustrating and unhelpful.
They need to stop reading from scripts, and LISTEN to what people need.
Best Answer
You say you want to help your customers but all you have done is give us excuses excuses, same thing happen to me with the video and not telling me they received it I had to call to find out if you received and then I sent a email saying that I want my replacement because it has been over 3 weeks scene I send it to you .. then you sent me this long email saying that it still take up to 10 days to make sure that there is something wrong with my Fitbit .. you have done nothing to reinsure me that you were doing everything that you can , I am so disappointed in you company for the lack of compassion for your customers, your customers buy Your product and this is what we get .. a lot of run around and a lot of bull..
so it has been over a month that I have not had my Fitbit that I payed a lot for because you have a bug in your software and you won’t sent a Replacement
Over night .. you have lost me as a customer.. for you lack of your so called customer service!!
Thank you
DANNA
Best Answer
0 Votes