Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen is completely dead 

it’s still vibrating when receiving notifications, green light on the back still working and according to my app 68% battery it’s still syncing to that just nothing on the screen at all, I had this just over a year and not 1 problem till now 

Iv seen posts on here to hold all 3 buttons and buttons at different times unfortunately no luck with that 

is there anything else I can try 

thanks in advance 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Hayleyb83, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2's screen is not responding. Thanks for letting me know about the steps you've tried so far in order to sort this out, I'll be glad to help you with this. 

In order for me to better assist you with this, please confirm that you've tried the below steps as described:

1. Check in the Fitbit app if your Versa 2 is still syncing, if so, try changing the clock face to a different one by following these steps: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?. The steps are done through the Fitbit app, do not worry if you cannot see anything on the screen for this process. 
  2. You've restarted your watch by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the suggestions don't work and your watch doesn't vibrate when you connect it to the charger, it may be that the battery of your Fitbit is not charging properly and therefore it does not turn on. Said that, I recommend doing the following: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I don’t know if that response was for me, iv tried all of these things and it’s completely dead now doing nothing and iv had it in the charger for ages 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Hayleyb83, thanks for getting back. I'm sorry for the confusion, my reply was to you. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yes iv tried all this and received a email on Thursday stating.. I replied to this but have heard nothing back 

Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Hayleyb83, thanks for getting. I've seen that we received your response from this last Thursday, so I'd suggest to wait until they reach out to you again, due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual what means it may take almost 7 business days to respond. We'd appreciate if you wait the next few days to receive a response from our team. Keep in mind that they will definitely continue working with you.

I'll be around if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes