Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed yesterday that the back button wouldn't work and so I have tried several things to restart my Versa and even disconnected it from my phone and restarted both several times. Not the back button may work 10% of the time but my watch will freak out and bounce back and forth from my watch face to the setting options (screen wake/notifications) and I can get out of that screen until it decides to on it's own and then it bounces back and forth between the two 😕

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I have the same problem with the back button appearing to be 'stuck'. I just did a system upgrade and my watch is now stuck on the screen telling me to push the back button to  access the preset shortcut! Pretty hard to do when the back button doesn't work! I spoke with Evelyn and then her supervisor Angelica and received the company line. Since you're $250 watch is now outside the one year warranty (by a few months), there's nothing we can do for you except offer you 25% off your next purchase. Why would I want to purchase another one when this one is so unreliable? I'm appalled at the lack of customer service action Fitbit has provided their CS agents to resolve CS problems. When I asked to speak with someone in authority who could help, I was told there is no higher level I can speak with and provided an address to write a letter. Very frustrating experience!

Best Answer
Yes, it's been very frustrating. I've been resetting it a few times every day, because it's the only way i can get back to the home screen. It's also started wigging out and vibrating with no notifications. It's been a nightmare to use, and I'm considering just trying to return it and get my money back. It's been a huge hassle and I haven't heard anything back from the support team when I inquire. I do hope you have a satisfactory resolution to your issue soon.
Best Answer
Looks like the problem is on and off, at least for mine. Mostly off.

Their support was unable to troubleshoot the issue over the phone and offer
me the 25% discount, same as your case.

But then I tried resetting the watch myself and it seems to be working for
the most part. Sometimes I press the left and lower right buttons.
Sometimes I just press the lower right button.

I would say for the past 60 days there may be about 3 days or so when the
buttons were not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you provide the reset instructions for the Versa 2? I only have the one side button.

And I'm having the same issue with the screen going black, not responding to the button or the wrist flip. And my alarm won't turn off either even though I press the check mark a thousand times. I can't snooze the alarm either with the side button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear Kelvin, they actually replaced my watch, which i was very surprised by. I had only owned my watch for not even 3 months, when my issue happened!  What was very unsettling was that i, not for my life could find my receipt, especially when i am very diligent in keeping my receipts for purchases like that.  So i couldn't even go back to 'walmart' where 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear Kelvin, they actually replaced my watch, which i was very surprised by. I had only owned my watch for not even 3 months, when my issue happened!  What was very unsettling was that i, not for my life could find my receipt, especially when i am very diligent in keeping my receipts for purchases like that.  So i couldn't even go back to 'walmart' where id bought it with my birthday money! For a exchange or replacement! I was very sad about it not working, the main button on it, is the back button! I did a system reset.....got so pissed off i even put it in a glass of water!  Not very satisfying! Frkn thing still worked, except for the back button! I wasn't even requested to return the broken fitbit! I still have it and the back button still doesn't work! I defently didnt expect a replacement, but was thrilled when they replaced it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i was fortunate enough to get it replaced!!

The malfunction happened quite soon after purchase! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit I used to switch on my fitbit versa by just pressing the back button. But now it's not working. Every time I need to press and hold the back  and bottom buttons until the fitbit logo comes to the screen. Is it recommended to do so ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have one button on the left side and two buttons on the right side?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Nothing is showing on the screen at this point. Occasionally there is a flicker of the clock or a text but the watch is basically useless. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

i press the button on my versa 2, and sometomes it wont turn on, after several minutes, it finally does

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem and the screen is flashing the fitbit logo three button reset doesn’t work, since back button does nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Back button doesn’t work and won’t restart 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working won’t restart this watch is terrible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa would not sync not even with another cell phone.  I tried all the suggestions ending with the factory reset.  When I got the fitbit logo there were also scrolling messages in different languages telling me to download the fitbit app.  I did this several times and the same thing happened.  None of the buttons do anything.   At least my tracker worked before the factory reset.  My tracker is less than a year old.  I am frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried everything and home button does not work still.  Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't rely on Fitbit to help you... they did nothing for me. I had to buy a
new one!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear this. I sent my Versa back to them as requested as it is still under warrantee. If I don’t hear anything from them, I will never buy another fitbit product. I am using a $30 Letsfit and it syncs much faster.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you have that problem.  I got 2 replacements on warranty and gave up. Every time I used them swimming they died on about the third day and that was the main reason I went with fitbit. I use a Samsung gear fit pro now with no problems when it goes swimming or everyday use.
Best Answer
0 Votes