Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting so many steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I waited patiently for the Versa. I drive a large golf cart at a zoo. My first day driving I was given 17,000 steps!!! I had a chat with Fitbit team and was given instructions to change the settings when driving!! No thank you!! My old Fitbit Charge did not have this issue. Back to the drawing board please Fitbit. It’s no small investment for a Versa that I need to manage and who wants to remember to change the settings when you are in and out of a “cart” or any other bumpy vehicle? It’s going back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

downloaded DriveBit, doesn't stop counting.... still keeps racking them up.... not spending all this money of a step counter that just doesn't work as it should. My original fitbit worked brilliantly.

unless you know something else i need to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

I honestly just gave up on it right away and switched to the Ionic.  I've had no issues so far.  Sorry that this is still a thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how do I download the Drivebit? I’ve looked in ‘all apps’ and it isn’t there. I drive quite a lot and need the Fitbit Versa to stop counting when I am driving, please can you suggest anything? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I found the app in the end called DriveBitt Free, it does work for driving, but not for flying as it needs mobile data to log when it should not be counting. The versa looks great but it’s the to sensitive on driving that frustrated me. I sent it back today. I had enough of it. Good luck , Si 

Best Answer

Ive found myself  here as I discovered today that I had supposedly done 48 floors.  Disappointed in this. Is there a way to edit these floors? Thx

Best Answer

I started with an Ionic and returned it. Got this versa and it's going back also. Their SW platform is pretty weak and the constant connection issues suck.

Best Answer

Hi Guys at Fitbit

I brought my Versa Fitbit so i could read texts, answer calls, count steps and watch my heart rate. 

I have had multiple problems and am so over not getting straight answers. But the one problem that is pissing me off is that it does record my steps when sitting in a moving vehicle. 

Dont tell me it doesn't i sit in a tractor from 7am - 7pm and only get out a handful of times which wouldnt be any more that 40 steps. 

At the end of my 12 hours ive got a total of 20,000+ steps. No i dont want to have another app on my phone, just pull your fingers out and fix this or tell us the truth about this issue!!

Best Answer

There is no drive bit app that I can find I've been trying to solve this for like a month The link you have doesn't even go anywhere I do not have activities on my dashboard I am really frustrated and cannot find any clear answers that make sense 

Best Answer

It seems the work-around they provided as a "solution" is no longer available. I have it on my phone, but I never use it. It's just too much hassle to try to think about logging every time I drive. At best, it was a temporary measure while they presumably were working on an actual fix.

Best Answer

I used the DriveFit app today while using a riding mower, the activity stats show 330 of my steps from the day but it doesn’t seem to have deleted those steps from my daily count.  How do I ensure that it does erase steps from my daily count?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is i

No Drivebit app in the play store. How can Fitbit not simply detect I'm driving faster than a human can run/walk/bike and negate that time period  ??? If had known this, I would have gotten something else .  

Best Answer

My blaze is giving me the driving issue . How did you have the blaze set so it didn't do it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Fitbit Versa and have to buy an app to adapt because it is counting steps when driving 😡

Ll
Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to resolve your doubts. I'd like to start giving a warm welcome to our Community to @ByTheWayNatalie @endorn24 and @SunsetRunner, and.it's always nice to see you participating once again in our forums @Rosemary1213 @EMP5 @Mpeters82 and @Cdm76.

As everybody is having the same question, I'd like to share that Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Unless you're driving in a car with a very stiff transmission or on bumpy roads, your device should not give you any false readings. If your device does record false activity, you can learn how to delete this unwanted data. Regardless of activity, you can negate steps and floors by logging a driving activity on your activity log. To do so, please follow the next steps::

1. Sign into your Dashboard and click the 'Log Activity' icon from the menu at the top of the screen.
2. Select the date or dates in question.
3. In the activity menu, type in "Automobile or light truck (not a semi) driving" and enter the time and duration of time that you were driving.
4. Click "Log Activity." You will see the steps, calories burned, and other data decrease for the time period specified.

@Rosemary1213 thanks for your comments and sharing your experience with your Ionic and Versa devices, your feedback is appreciated while we keep improving our products and services. If you decide to come back to the Fitbit family don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions or difficulties so I can further assist you.

I'll be here if anything else is in need. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly, based on the continuing complaints, specifically regarding Steps tracking in the Versa, I don't think Fitbit has made any changes to this flawed design to correct the problem. Personally, I likely the product, but returned it to the retailer after it repeatedly recorded steps while driving. I don't think driving my Mercedes with auto transmission on the M1/M6 really qualifies for anything other than as smooth a car and road experience as you are likely to find.
Best Answer

I also feel this a poor response !!! The equipment is not fit for purpose . Why should I have to go back and undo the incorrectly logged data. This is a design issue with the Fitbit and should not be up to the user to undo it.... I really hoped that something would have been done by now. Clearly not and would be happy to advise people NOT to purchase a Versa 

poor poor poor response from you

Best Answer

I have tried and tested this.

Log your driving, cycling, etc activities in drivebit app for up to 10 days consistently. and after that, my versa does not counting steps while I am driving. It felt to me almost like a machine learning thing.

I dont know if that works for others or not, but it worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are you finding the DriveBit app?  I have an Android device, specifically a Samsung S9+.  The app is not in the Android Play Store.  I have followed several links only to end up nowhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same situation.  I drive a truck from 10a-6p daily.  I can watch the Versa counting steps as I drive. Yesterday it logged 22,876 steps and 74 floors climbed.  I'd like to take credit for being this active, but I'm not.  Not even close.  

Their "fix" to download someone else's app (which I have been unable to locate) is not a fix, its an excuse, putting the issue on someone else's shoulders.  

I've reset the Versa, and will play around with it this week, but unless I find a fix, its going back to Amazon this weekend.

Edit:   I now see the header of this topic says "SOLVED".  Solved for who?  Where's the solution? This looks to be an ongoing problem, with no concrete solution, other than to disable step counting, which was FitBit's core.

I came to the FitBit Versa from a Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch, because it would not last an entire day off the charger.  However, it did count my steps correctly, and not while driving.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
After a few days of consideration I came to the conclusion that I am going
to work with it as steps are not a metric that I utilize in my fitness
metrics. I am more concerned with calories, time, and heart rate
information. Just as important to me is the music aspect of the Versa. Once
I updated my version of WIN 10 it works flawlessly. I no longer have to
carry an additional device while running or cycling. If I hadn't been able
to play music with it it would have gone back.
Their support for the issues they have is lacking in that I had to dig very
very deep to find what version of win 10 I needed to be able to download
and use their app, and that info I did not find on their site.
That type of info should be on the dam box. "WIN 10 required", not everyone
has it. I one laptop for work running Win 7 and my backup pc just so
happened to have win 10.
Best Answer
0 Votes