Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting so many steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I waited patiently for the Versa. I drive a large golf cart at a zoo. My first day driving I was given 17,000 steps!!! I had a chat with Fitbit team and was given instructions to change the settings when driving!! No thank you!! My old Fitbit Charge did not have this issue. Back to the drawing board please Fitbit. It’s no small investment for a Versa that I need to manage and who wants to remember to change the settings when you are in and out of a “cart” or any other bumpy vehicle? It’s going back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

The fact that this issue continues year after year is an indication of that Fitbit either cannot or will not fix this problem. This is an indicator that Fitbit does not care about its customers and does not stand behind it's product.  They should be ashamed but I guess it's all about profit and not customer satisfaction.  For a $200 Watch they should do better.  This is my last Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer
It no longer OVER Counts.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It most certainly does. It is happening to me and my husband's Versa as well.  You are incorrect.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is 6 months old and it continues to happen whenever I drive or ride in a car.  My husband's Versa was brand new out of the box and yesterday, his first time wearing it.  It recorded over 17,000 steps and over 40 floors.  There is NO possibility those are correct calculations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does. Mine racked up 4000 steps while on a riding mower ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ninarella I was responding to a post stating that MY Versa 2 No Longer Overcounts. Hasn’t for months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it's 05/2022 and the problem remains. Today my versa 2 counted over 10000 steps while driving. Absolutely unacceptable. I'll sell them. Unusable crap. Sorry.

Best Answer

Agreed @chaby.cz . Even after getting a replacement from Fitbit the trouble continued.  I can assure you that the Apple 7 watch doesnt have this problem.  Fitbit should learn to listen to their customers before they lose them all.

Best Answer

I wonder that my old Xiaomi Haylou Solar LS05 counted steps so accurately. I walked 300 steps and the watches counted... WOW - 300 steps. No mistakes. While driving or going by bus, no additional steps were added. But my Versa 2... I was so happy and excited when I bought them but now I'm really disappointed ☹️ 

Best Answer

What if you are driving a semi? My husband racks up at least 18,000 "steps" per day?

Best Answer
0 Votes