Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting so many steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I waited patiently for the Versa. I drive a large golf cart at a zoo. My first day driving I was given 17,000 steps!!! I had a chat with Fitbit team and was given instructions to change the settings when driving!! No thank you!! My old Fitbit Charge did not have this issue. Back to the drawing board please Fitbit. It’s no small investment for a Versa that I need to manage and who wants to remember to change the settings when you are in and out of a “cart” or any other bumpy vehicle? It’s going back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

@SCKisor1 it’s available in the iOS App Store. So if you’re not finding it, perhaps DriveBit is only available on iOS currently?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess it’s only available for iOS currently then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the free Drivebit work too? There is one that costs $0.99

Ll
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I'm here to help. Welcome aboard @endorn24. I'm happy to see you posting in our Community again @SCKisor1 and @Rosemary1213. Also, thanks for your replies and updates  @SiChivers88 @boslon @HayRee @SunsetRunner. My apologies for the delay in responding.

I would like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our customer's Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers, users and Community Forum posts because this information is helpful for us to evaluate our procedures as a reference. Thanks for the feedback and your patience with this situation. Please refer to my previous post to negate the steps that are recorded while driving. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll gladly assist you with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Total disregard to what everyone here has said. Relying on a 3rd party app to stop your device from incorrectly logging . As I said previously versa is not fit for purpose and should be removed from sale. Be good to know how many have been returned with the same simple floor .

mine went back in February and using my original Fitbit that’s years old that still works .

do not purchase a versa is my recommendation 

Best Answer

I bought my Versa on Ebay, quite a while ago, so I will probably not be returning it. I will say, though, with the issues this device has, and the way FitBit support has their heads in the sand regarding it, this is probably the last FitBit device I will ever buy. I'll give my money to someone who can stand behind their product, and fix the issues.

Best Answer

I boxed my FitBit Versa up today and returned it to Amazon.  The data was completely unreliable. I switched back to my Samsung smartwatch. My days are all similar, so as a comparison...

Versa steps: 25,200  

Samsung steps: 6500

Versa floors climbed: 74 (yes, in 1 day)

Samsung floors climbed: 2

I was very disappointed in the Fitbit Versa, and their lack of support. I will also post a review on Amazon.

Best Answer

Hello again! I'm here to continue assisting, my apologies for the delayed reply. It's nice to see you again participating @SiChivers88 @Mpeters82 and @SCKisor1, your posts are appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback provided in regards our Fitbit Versa and the steps that are recorded while driving. Please note that DriveBit app is no longer part of our authorized third-party apps and due to this updated partnership status, to negate the steps while driving with your Fitbit I recommend to negate the steps on your account as per mentioned in my previous post

Your patience is appreciated while we work to improve our products. Let me know if I can do anything else for you guys.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have stopped using my Fitbit ... company is waste.. never ever gonna buy anything else from you guys .... startup fitness trackers are doing better job than you guys ... learn from them how to stop counting unnecessary steps ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Krish1982 thanks for your reply. 

Sorry for the difficulties experienced with the Fitbit products. I want to thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. I assure you that we take in consideration all the feedback our users provide and we're working everyday to improve.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem driving a golf cart at work & the versa counts steps & floors while I'm driving. Its ridiculous they haven't solved this. 

Best Answer
I doubt that this will ever be fixed. Seems to be a basic design flaw rather than a bug.
Best Answer

Yes I think I will be returning this item as faulty.  Fitbit don't appear to be taking the issue seriously or there would have been a fix by now.  

We are touring the Outer Hebrides and for the 2 weeks we are there we have very limited access to internet to even attempt to enter "Driving time". in order  to subtract all the floors, miles and active steps I haven't done while travelling by motorhome.  Besides I shouldn't have to waste my days trying to keep amending faulty records.  Thats FITBIT job. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is unfortunate. They really should be recalled based on that fact.
Step recording & calories burned are the main function. This does not work
for me while working where I am on my feet a lot but also on a cart. The
point is I'm at work & its not reasonable to be switching between apps or
on & off every 2 minutes. It just does not work, it is a fail.
Best Answer

Hi, I have seen your previous post. My question is the following. 

Even if I am to understand that the versa would count steps while driving if the road is bumpy (which doesn’t make any sense)

why if I take the versa out of my wrist I still see steps being counted while i’m Driving?

I figured taking it out would be the same as turning off.

Turning the versa off and on is not an option since I drive about 5 minutes then walk and drive another 5 minutes and so on for the entire day.  

Also A LOT of people have complained about this issue but Fitbit doesn’t seem to have an answer and all they do is take out more products like the original versa that are not good products. Instead of taking out a versa light product you should work on fixing the existing product you have so you won’t continue to lose customers!!!!!

I have also tried the drive bit app and it doesn’t work so stop trying to tell me that I should use that or that it is ok to have a few extra steps - 2,000 to 4,000 extra steps are not a few!!!!

Best Answer

Hello guys, thanks for your posts and for joining the Fitbit Community @Slabba @CarlaPCR. It's nice to see you again participating in our forums @boslon @isladeiona. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for sharing your comments with us here in the Community Forums, the feedback that was submitted is appreciated. To negate the steps that are being counted while doing a driving activity please check my previous post for more information and instructions. Your feedback is appreciated, such information help us to improve each day.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am having the same problem.  Counts steps while I am driving.  Payed for that app and not showing up on my phone.  Wish I could figure out a solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
I realize that I can negate the steps. My point is that I shouldn’t have to do that.
Also even if I negate the steps when I am participating on the Fitbit challenge with friends and family even if I negate the steps on the dashboard it doesn’t do it on the challenge so the solution of just negating steps doesn’t work.
Again what will work is if the company actually fixes the issue. M
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This happened to me last summer but it hasn't happened since

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! A warm welcome to our Community Forums for you @Doughboy2014. It's nice to see you around participating again in our forums @CarlaPCR @Rtchrsue thanks for your replies.

I appreciate the input that was submitted on your posts, thank you for sharing your comments and thoughts with us here in the Community Forums. As previously mentioned, note that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services. Refer to my previous posts for more information and details about this specific situation.

@Rtchrsue I'm glad to know that your difficulties were resolved, please do not hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions about anything related to Fitbit, your device or this specific situation, I'll be here for you.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes