Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa detected steps while stationary

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa records me walking and doing steps without walking or going up/down steps. For example I walked  about 400 feet today. It is showing me 24,000 steps and 396 steps.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@tdsredsled Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your Versa counting additional steps. Your Versa uses its 3 axis accelerometer to detect your movement and will translate said movement into steps. There are occasions in which you will move your arms or movement will be detect without you actually being walking. For example, clapping, playing the drums, burping a baby or doing hand gestures may count steps. Also driving a car through a bumpy road or with stiff suspension will cause the same to happen. You can log a driving activity to negate these steps.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me. If I was far more Electronic literate your solution might work. But I'm not. It took me 8 hours to set the Versa up to begin. So going back constantly to negate parameters is not going to work. So I will be returning the Versa.

Best Answer

So silly the responses to this issue; my Samsung S2 watch and Apple Watch are much more accurate.  The Versa is a great looking watch and has very good battery life but it is way too inaccurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes