Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

I'm now experiencing the same problem. Last week the HR monitor was measuring off the charts heart beat (170 at rest) and the customer support ppl actually told me after none of the other fixes worked -- to check and see if I was on medication that would increase my HR!!! 

So i continued to use my fitbit without the HR turned on for the other features/text notifications. And today the screen went crazy all of the sudden with green lines going across and vibrations and went dead.  I thought maybe the power drained despite it being charged and put it on the charger -- and NOTHING.  I even tried the bogus suggestions from FITBIT to restart/reboot/factory reset this thing but as others have posted the screen is not doing anything so there's no restarting to the see the logo appear and disappear and letting go of the bottom button.  WHO DOES FITBIT HAVE DOLING OUT THIS ADVICE??? The fitbit has a no electronic function, pushing buttons is not going to fix the issue!

After my experience last week with the ineffective customer support, I'm not bothering to call on this issue. They washed their hands of me when the HR stopped functioning-----DEFINITELY AGREE WITH OTHERS time to change to another brand's smart watch---- FITBIT is not loyal to customers. 

Best Answer

My Versa has not lasted more than three months. It's always the screen that goes out. I take it off around water, so I don't know why this keeps happening. Every time I contact customer service, and I ask why this keeps happening, they won't give me a straight answer - they just issue another replacement. The last customer service agent was really rude: he didn't believe my story and then said "bye". I'm probably on my 4th watch, and the screen always dies. For something that costs so much, it only works well for a couple weeks before it crashes. I'm so frustrated with this watch, and my warranty will soon run out to where I can't get any more replacements. What a waste of money!! At this point, I just want a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup!! Just chock it up to a hard loss!! I replaced my Versa with an Apple
Watch. It cost more but so worth the extra money spent & I've actually lost
some weight since Apple Watch doesn’t just focus on steps like the Fitbit.
I’d recommend getting an Apple Watch or something that’s compatible with
whatever smartphone you have. Fitbit has completely gone downhill & they
know this stupid Versa is a piece of crap!
--
Jamie
Best Answer

I think I will. I just talked to my friend who has an Apple Watch, and she said that she has had it for 4 years and never had a problem. Even though I hate to know I wasted so much money on this Versa, it was a lesson learned: research first! Hopefully people will at least read this and learn from our mistakes. Don't buy the Versa!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly!! A complete waste of money!! If anyone should take the reviews on
this product serious it should be all potential buyers. I’m so
disappointed. I really didn’t want to spent the extra money on the Apple
Watch but SOOO GLAD that I did!! It’s really pushed me to keep working for
my fit goal with the personalized monthly challenges & the daily messages
telling you about your progress. --
Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jamie for the advice. I think I'll switch to Apple when my warranty ends and my next replacement dies, which is inevitable because it's a **ahem** product. The Versa has definitely caused me to be done with Fitbit too, which is so upsetting because I love the step challenges with my friends. But when they knowingly sell an expensive dysfunctional product that has a lifespan of only a few months, they should not deserve anyone's business. They're just wasting money and making more trash on our planet. Good job, Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my fitbit in December 2018 and have never gone swimming with it or gotten it wet. It now does not show anything on display but does buzz when i have not reached 250 steps every hour.  Additionally, it does still sink with my phone and shows my heart rate on my phone only. Nothing on the fit bit itself. Please help.. Not sure what is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit itself is what’s wrong!! They’re pieces of junk & the company
refuses to admit that they missed the mark on this tracker!
--
Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this end up working? My screen just stopped working after running out of battery two days ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They ultimately had to send me a new device to address the screen issues (I
was just shy of 12 months). Now I cannot get Pandora to sync.
--------------------------

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Received my Fitbit Versa as a Christmas gift. I take it off when doing dishes, showering or just being around water. A few weeks ago, I went to check the time and it was just lines going down the screen, It was not wet or anything. I put it on the charger and let it set for about 48 hours. still couldnt get the screen back. So I put it in my cabinet for the last two weeks. While cleaning today I pulled it out and was super excited to see the battery with 0% in it clear as day. It wasnt lines at all. Then i put it back on the charger and as soon as it charged, the display is either blank or the lines come back. I am upset because these are not cheap devices. I am trying to get my health on track and and now I feel like this was a waste of money, only 5 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, this keeps happening yet Fitbit isn’t doing anything about this!
They’ll have you trouble shoot then send you a replacement when those
measures don’t work, only for it to happen all over again in a few months
rather than just admit they messed up with these devices! I dumped mine
after the 3rd replacement in 6 months. I have an Apple Watch now & have
never looked back! I’ll just chalk that expense with the Versa to a loss.
Such a shame too because I was with Fitbit for a few years!
--
Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is two weeks old and i too have lost my screen. Any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can give customer service a call. It should still be under warranty & they’ll replace it. Unfortunately it’ll prob happen again to your replacement. At that point you’ll want to throw it in the trash & buy something different like myself and a lot of other people have done!

Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi the company gave me free replacements 2x. Neither time they worked. The third one I received finally worked!!! It has worked now for 3 months! This is the longest time it had worked. Hoping it continues!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same problem 2 months into owning the versa.  Everything was working then went to charge and now no display.....please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call the Fitbit help line and report the problem. They will likely replace it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit versa after swimming not work know for 2 months

Best Answer
0 Votes
that happened to me too! called Fitbit and after replacing 3 times this one finally works!
Best Answer
Contact fitbit. They can replace if under warranty. I think they are not as swimproof as they advertise.
Best Answer
0 Votes