Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I bought my Versa 2 months ago. I went swimming last week then was at a wedding so didn't wear my Fitbit. I put it on charge when I returned home but the display is not working properly and I can't see anything? Anyone help?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

Hi all,

I have Versa 2. One day the display went black, but the green light on the pulse sensor was working, and I was to able to sync with the app. I tried to reset multiple times, switch the clock face to ones by Fitbit, charge for several hours, etc. Nothing helped, the display was just black.

I was going to submit the warranty request, but hit 10K steps daily goal. The Fitbit vibrated, and display started to work again. Not sure if this can solve the same problem for other devices, but hope this helps someone.

Good luck!

Alex

Best Answer

Hi @alex_zerg, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved and you are back on track with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps that helped you.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Your instructions helped my fix my Fitbit!!! So happy now:)

Best Answer

@Beachmama, thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. I'm happy to hear about the great news since your Fitbit Versa is working properly. Your update is appreciated.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board, you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

See you around! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have used various Fitbits for the last 8 years or so, but every 14-16 months the Fitbit breaks, never because of a "real" reason, it just stops working. I then have long conversations with support, they can not find the reason, and they give me a 25% discount or similar and tell me to buy a new one. It is very, very frustrating and a very expensive way just to keep track of your steps etc. I really like my Fit bits, but this time was the last straw for me as well and I will unfortunately go find another solution with a pedometer. It is sad, I thought Fitbit would eventually get their **ahem** together, but it is all about selling another device apparently. The discount they give is not enough to do anything as the prices in the Fitbit shop is much higher then what I can find a new device for in a retail store. There is no longer an phone number you can call to customer support, you are just turned on to a loop for this weird "community" dashboard.

To bad!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing happened to me! I have used various Fitbits for the last 8 years or so, but every 14-16 months the Fitbit breaks, never because of a "real" reason, it just stops working. I then have long conversations with support, they can not find the reason, and they give me a 25% discount or similar and tell me to buy a new one. It is very, very frustrating and a very expensive way just to keep track of your steps etc. I really like my Fit bits, but this time was the last straw for me as well and I will unfortunately go find another solution with a pedometer. It is sad, I thought Fitbit would eventually get their **ahem** together, but it is all about selling another device apparently. The discount they give is not enough to do anything as the prices in the Fitbit shop is much higher then what I can find a new device for in a retail store. There is no longer an phone number you can call to customer support, you are just turned on to a loop for this weird "community" dashboard.

Best Answer

Hey @garnote, I appreciate your participation in the Forums.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate the feedback provided. You can learn more about our warranty policy here.

If anyone else is experiencing issues with their trackers displays, I recommend restarting the units by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If this process doesn't work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Now, I am going to close this thread but feel free to start a new topic if there is anything we can help you with.

Have a good day!

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes