Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa experience and feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had three different Fitbits in the past. The Charge HR, Charge 2 and the Versa Special Edition. The Charge HR had issues that could not be repaired, naturally 1-2 months after the warranty expired. I was offered 25% off an other product. I purchased the Charge 2. Last July 2018, I received the Versa Special Edition as a gift. Once again the warranty has expired and I'm not able to update the tracker and I can't use the coach option. I have been on the phone for over 1 1/2 hours with two different technical support people and I was just informed that it can't be fixed again. I was offered the 25% off any product or 40% off the Versa Lite, which does not give me the same features the Versa Special Edition does. Plus it would still cost me $96. To replace the Special Edition it would cost me over $165 even with the 25% discount. These fitness trackers/ watches are to expensive to replace every year, there must be something wrong with the products. This is extremely frustrating. Fitbit please contact me, I'm looking for a better option than 40% off something that is not comparable to what I have. I look forward to hearing from you. Lynn Frost

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @lfrost, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

Additionally, our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

The warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This mean that your tracker will be cover for a full year and in this period of time you can received any replacement is require in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker still is between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this apply until the stipulated time of the warranty has expired.

In regards to the 25% or 40% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. However, I still don't understand why only part of my Versa is not working. As explained I have not been able to update it after numerous attempts by myself, others who have Versa's and your support team. In attempting to do update the tracker, I also realized that I was not able to use the coach app (specifically the 10 min ab workout) it starts at 7 seconds on the bicycle kicks and counts down, but never moves off that exercise, but keeps going. However, other functions still work, the time, steps, alarms etc. The syncing does not occur automatically everyday but will work when I sync from the phone.
Why does some of the functions work and not all of them?
In my opinion there must be a defect in your product.
Is there anyway I could have a technician from Fit Bit look at it to see if there is a defect or if I did something wrong to damage it.
This is extremely frustrating because this Versa was not inexpensive as you know $230 and it should last more that 13 months.
Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Lynn Frost
Certified Adapted Physical Education Teacher
Waverly Elementary School
[cid:8a5eba98-ddaf-47c7-b1e6-5bb6346695cb]

Achiever * Discipline * Maximizer * Relator * Strategic
Best Answer
0 Votes