Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate sensor not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello group...received new fitbit Versa yesterday. Set-up went well however it appears that the BPM Sensor is not working properly. On my wrist it doesn’t register...the band is tight so i feel the sendor is on my skin. When i remove it from my wrist and place a finger on the sensor it will turn green intermitantly. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I have had the “Charge” for a few years and have not experienced this problem. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wanted to give a shout out to all those who replied and assisted me in my BPM Sensor problems. I took all of the suggestions for action...contacted support as well. Fitbit's support service is the best that I have encountered of any large corporation. I am now enjoying a properly working Fitbit Versa. Kudos to all who assisted me. Thank you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

Mine did this did the first time yesterday 

Best Answer

@Oldsalt66 @KismetJ It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your heart rate isn't being read correctly. I suggest you clean the back of your Versa with cotton and rubbing alcohol. Restart it by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Also turn off the heart rate, save and sync then turn it on again and save and sync your Versa.

After this follow these suggestions to improve the heart rate reading.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

The directions on the the fitbit help guide instruct me to go to the Heart Rate Settings in my app and after following these directions several times. There is no Heart Rate Setting that allows me to turn it off and on, in my app at all. There is one on my phone but not in my app. 

I have turned my phone off and on a few times and my resynced my app and watch and this does not seem to change anything. But, i am a bit perplexed about where the heart rate settings should be because when i go into my app and click on my watch as a device, Heart Rate is not an option at all.  

IT also does not change that in my exercise summary, my Calories burned still shows --

this is from the help guide:http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565/#ImpactsAccuracy

For all devices except Ionic and Versa, you can try changing your Heart Rate setting from Auto, which means the heart-rate tracker is usually active when you're moving, to On, which means the heart rate tracker is always active. For Ionic and Versa, make sure the Heart Rate setting is On. For additional troubleshooting, see Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

this is from the help guide:http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565/#ImpactsAccuracy

For all devices except Ionic and Versa, you can try changing your Heart Rate setting from Auto, which means the heart-rate tracker is usually active when you're moving, to On, which means the heart rate tracker is always active. For Ionic and Versa, make sure the Heart Rate setting is On. For additional troubleshooting, see Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Thank you so much! When I went into Settings [on the device itself], I noticed that Heart Rate was turned off! I had just changed the band and I must have done that while fiddling with the band pins. I'd suggest that anyone who isn't seeing heart rate should check Settings to make sure that they didn't accidentally turn the feature off before they try anything else.

[Edited to add the note that it's the Settings on the device itself.]

Best Answer

I wanted to give a shout out to all those who replied and assisted me in my BPM Sensor problems. I took all of the suggestions for action...contacted support as well. Fitbit's support service is the best that I have encountered of any large corporation. I am now enjoying a properly working Fitbit Versa. Kudos to all who assisted me. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, hope everyone is doing fine and I apologize for the delay in my response.

@KismetJ not sure what you mean when you say that the phone shows heart rate but not the app. I am talking about the Fitbit app on your phone or you can check the settings area on the Versa itself to change these settings.

@MM1772 happy to hear that the instructions in this thread helped you resolve the issue.

@Oldsalt66 thank you for letting us know that Support helped you and that you are back on track now!

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Your instructions to clean then turn my Versa off and back on cleared my heart rate problem of not working.

Best Answer

@Vbai45 sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you so much for your reply and very happy to hear that the suggestions helped you fix this issue. I am sure this confirmation will help other members in the same situation so thank you again. Hopefully you will reach your fitness goals in no time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
actually. the lower right portion of my screen froze and i was not able to
get out of my workouts. I returned the watch and i am returning to a
samsung gear fit 2.

thank you
Best Answer
Thank you for the reply. I am enjoying the Fitbit community. Any word from
fitbit about what the future outlook for the red sensors is going to be. I
understand something may be on the horizon for the red sensor; %O2 in one’s
blood maybe?
--
Have a great Navy/Marine Corps Day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!   😀

thank you soooo much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

my versa has not worked properly for days - I’ve been on gear trying to figure out why it’s stopped reading my heart rate. The green lights have not flashed on the back for days.

i have tried resetting the Fitbit a number of times and it’s made no difference. 

I keep seeing posts saying turn heart rate monitor on and off and re synch.

as far as I can see there’s no option on the verses or the app to do this. 

Move also going into the settings on the app and still I can’t see any way to do thia.

could someone please send or post step by step instructions? Thanks Katie 

Best Answer

I don't know if you've tried this yet, but this worked for me.

On the Versa device, click the Settings icon (the one that looks like a gear).

You'll see settings for Brightness, Backlight Display, and Vibrations. Swipe up. The setting after Vibrations is a setting called Heart Rate. Make sure that says On. 

Best Answer
Hi! Thanks for getting back to me - I have found this and have tried switching it on and resetting and still nothing. Not sure what to try now really!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to set "Step Count" to zero?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't remember if I had to do anything else, but if you're running a Fitbit app on your phone, try closing the app and restarting your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

@Oldsalt66 @KismetJ It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your heart rate isn't being read correctly. I suggest you clean the back of your Versa with cotton and rubbing alcohol. Restart it by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Also turn off the heart rate, save and sync then turn it on again and save and sync your Versa.

After this follow these suggestions to improve the heart rate reading.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you sooo much for your answer, even though it wasn't my question!! My Versa stopped reading my heart rate a few days ago, and I was practically heartbroken because it took me months to save up enough to buy it.  I tried shutting it down and turning it back on and it worked!!!

Best Answer

@Curry4 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the late reply. Happy to hear that the restart helped solve the issue with your Versa not reading your heart rate. Hopefully you are back on track and getting all those daily steps.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes