Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate tracking issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone! So my Versa is having issues with detecting my heart rate and IDK how to fix it. It stopped altogether displaying the "-" symbol for a few days. I figured once I completed the new update which was done today it would be fine. Well it has started to display a heart rate....but it's not accurrate whatsoever. For example, laying on the couch with a heart rate of 132 is not accurrate. I have turned the heart rate on and off and re-synced with my app. I have restarted it 4-5 times as well. I am seriously at a loss. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @Jwoo14, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

Regarding the heart rate tracking issues that your Fitbit Versa is experiencing, I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. Please get back to them with the reference number they provided in case the issue persists and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

I'll also be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem!! I bought my Fitbit Versa on May 4, 2019, via Amazon and was really reallly happy with it! Until it just stopped tracking my heart rate by the end of March 2020 (after not even a year of use!) I've tried everything on the Fibit help website: rebooting, changing bracelets, placing it better really over my wrist. And I finally gave up. A few days ago I gave it another try, with the new software release. I update and nothing!! so frustrating! What can I do about this?

Best Answer

Hi Juan, I appreciate your response. Unfortunately the support team wasn't to helpful. I completed the factory reset but that did not solve my issue. So I ended up buying a Garmin watch that has settled my needs. 

Best Answer

Hi Christelle! Unfortunately nothing I did worked and I even did a factory reset on the Fitness and it didn't work. I bought a Garmin watch because I got to frustrated with the Fitbit. Good luck to you though!!!

Best Answer

i tried everything for heart rate and active time issues.  Nothing worked - 4-5 weeks out of warranty and all they want to give me is 25% off a new fitbit!  If the longevity is only 13-14 months - why would I pay that much????

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.....I thought I was maybe having a heart attack as I was laying on a lounge chair & my heart rate was 172. Yesterday I exercised for 344 hours ~ LOL!!!

Best Answer

My versa stopped tracking 

and I reset and removed my versa and then re added it 

still not working and not even a year since I have had it 😢

Best Answer

Omg same! Literally Suddenly always has my heart rate as 135-170bpm and tracks hundreds of minutes of exercise when I’m not moving or sleeping. I’ve reset, master reset, changed arm placement, changed watch band, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing! 

Best Answer

What is the solution to this issue? 

Best Answer

I contacted fit bit support 

😊 they were very quick and helpful ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bought a new fit bit and o protection plan

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know, I was hoping somebody could help me.
Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer service yesterday....they are helping me but no resolution yet. The # is 877-623-4997 if you want to call them! My battery drain wasn't as bad...lasted a day & a half(not good). The heart rate is still crazy....it only showed my heart rate when I slept & it was 170. My resting heart rate is 60. Nothing was logged today since this morning on the little graph!

Best Answer

I contacted them today and they just walked me through a reset and factory reset (which I had already done). When neither of those solved my problem I was just told that my Fitbit was out of warranty and there was nothing more they could do but offer me a 25% off coupon. I don’t know why I’d buy another one if I’ve kept my Fitbit pristine and this sudden issue isn’t affecting just me, just to not be under warranty after a year...

Best Answer

Well that's terrible customer service. I'm not sure if I'm out of warranty but if that happens to me I will switch to the Apple watch. I'm not a "twitter" person but I'd post my dissatisfaction there if I were you. Companies hate to see bad things said about them on social media!

Best Answer

Agreed. I was super annoyed! I had no clue that basically after 1 year, you’re “on your own” and they won’t trade in or replace or even have you pay a deductible. This will surely be my last Fitbit and I’ll definitely get an iWatch instead. 

Best Answer

Now the screen is completely out. It's syncing still but can't see anything. Guess the heart rate problem was just the beginning of the issue. Disappointed. 

Best Answer

You should try to call customer service via phone if you haven’t already. Hopefully your Fitbit is under the 1 year warranty though because if not and it’s not resolved from resetting or factory reset, that’ll be the extent of the support you’ll get. I wish you luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

We understand that the outcome of your cases with our Support Team are not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your cases, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

Hi there @mrsimp, thanks for stopping by and for the details provided in your post about your Versa 2's screen behavior. If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend the following steps:

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes