Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is completely unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa won’t turn on at all. I have tried the restart method as well as holding down all 3 buttons for a while. The lights on the back won’t flash or anything. I charged it up to 100% yesterday and used it for about 15 minutes and took it off. When I came back to put it back on after about 30 minutes it was completely unresponsive. I’m not sure what else to try.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

@LizzyFitbit 

Unfortunately restarting is not an option. Again, they are completely unresponsive. I have tried to charge both but after any amount of time on the charger, still I am not able to get the watches to do anything.

My wifes is a replacement; however, mine is not. It

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy. 

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I still try with the original charger but it doesn't work. That's why I bought a new one. Same result. Dead as a dodo. I've tried everything. Nothing works. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and @Flamingm72, I'm glad to see you here again.

Thanks to both of you for trying the suggestions from my post, as well for sharing more details about your watches. I'm sorry that you're having this experience. Since you've tried the possible troubleshooting steps, I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf so you can receive help from our team via email. Just note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@SunsetRunner, about your wife's watch not responding, please ask your wife to get in touch with the Support team directly so they can evaluate her details and provide her with further assistance.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK thank you.

To fear failing is to have already failed.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @LizzyFitbit, I really appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @OKhorseman and @SunsetRunner. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome! Thanks to you for staying with me to troubleshoot your watches. Your cases are on good hands and if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Catch you later! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit was working fine until this morning. The screen is now black and it will not charge at all. I called customer support and they said that since it is out of warranty,  there is nothing he can do for me...other than offer me a 25% discount for a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit, thanks much for your help. Support have already been in touch, asked a few questions and offered me a replacement.

Amazing service Fitbit.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome on board. @Flamingm72, I'm glad to see you here again.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for letting me know about your watch, as well for taking the time to contact us via phone. I understand your point of view about your watch not working correctly despite of the troubleshooting steps tried and please know that your feedback will be passed along so we can continue working on our products and improve your experience with them. If you have questions about their resolution, I'd recommend you to contact them again to receive more details about your case.

@Flamingm72, you're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me posted. I'm glad that you're about to receive a replacement and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After doing a factory reset on my versa 2, it has become unresponsive.  It won’t charge or start up.  I can’t connect to the versa.  I have held the side button down, tried pairing and charging but no change.  When I did the factory reset the battery was in the 80% range.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issue. My versa is completely unresponsive. I have tried the various button holding combinations and no response. 

Please can support help me and contact me. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of this morning having similar issues with my versa 2 

the black blank screen now it still vibrates but nothing on the screen watch is no longer syncing with the app but Bluetooth on my phone show it as connected

tried all the recommended fixes non have worked screen is blank right through 

charging it - it vibrates but I know the watch is fully charged anyway it was on 98% last night 

I have been in touch with customer support on Twitter and have a case number also dealt with amazon pushing the issue as I purchased it from them 

they are saying could take more than 7 days to sort out which is utterly ridiculous on a product that is 7months old never been wet or damaged by myself - it’s in warranty 

i’m hoping to get a response from customer service very soon it seems this is a common fault with fitbits it’s such a pain as I use the watch daily and now essentially might have to go for weeks and weeks without it through no fault of my own - unless I receive a replacement with no cost to myself I wouldn’t even consider purchasing another Fitbit which is a shame 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 2 versa's The first one died in March, about 14 months old.  It died in Florida and I purchased another from facebook marketplace as they only were giving me 30% off a new one.  The one I purchased off marketplace was in great condition and the lady just wanted to upgrade, she gave the box and everything. I contacted them on Friday after this one failed, first not syncing and then black screen and nothing worked. Sometime I get a grey screen, so something in alive, when I restart.  This time they are giving me 25%.  I have asked to speak to a supervisor and I don't hold much hope, but we will see.  I think I will done with Fitbit unless they change their decision.  There is obviously a Versa issue by the tons of people I have read that just get the black screen and no fix for it.   They need to recall their product, obviously it is a product issue.  If they think I will invest another $200 on a product that will die.  It maybe time to go for a different maker and maybe invest in an apple watch.  I have loved my Fitbit, but don't like the disposable products, they are producing now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only 7months old so i’m guessing it will be a straight replacement I certainly wouldn’t hand over any more money for a Fitbit. I can’t believe how poor the reliability is after reading through these forums. It’s clearly a issue there side and as been for years. The possibility i have to inconvenience mySelf now and not have a watch for who knows how long is frustrating. The watch is in warranty, it doesn’t work, clearly it’s a well known issue just replace the thing ASAP not in a weeks time not in a few weeks time now. They seem to every so often release a firmware which essentially bricks a load of watches! I will be switching to a Apple Watch when the time comes where I have to spend money - I wish I had listened to my gut and went with a Apple Watch to begin with as I know there customer service is good on the few occasions I’ve needed it as a iPhone and Mac user over the past 20 years 

Best Answer
Been having problems with my Fitbit versa for a couple weeks now. I’ve had to charge more often than usual and it will charge to 100% on the charger, but when I take it off the charger to wear it it shuts off no response no screen no nothing. I’ve tried rebooting it with the side button and all and still nothing. It only turns on in the charger. I searched the problem and it seems to be a consistent problem with many customers. Dated back a couple years to the present. I contacted Fitbit and they will not replace it because it is out of warranty of 365 days for device malfunction. I am not happy with this it shouldn’t just stop being responsive. Not good customer care. Anyone else have the issue and may have found a solution?
Best Answer

Sorry no solution.  My versa is dead and my 2nd versa.  I am done with Fitbit who refuses to fix their defective products.  There are many other fish in the sea now.  The thing I hate the most is they are environmentally irresponsible as they want everyone to dispose their products in the landfills.

Fitbit should offer like Apple to fix products for a fee.

Fitbit used to have great customer service but not anymore.  

My days are done as a loyal Fitbit customer.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

Hopefully you bought your fitbit in Europe where the consumer protections are stronger. If US and you are over 12 months since purchase, you are going to need to buy a new watch. These doodads seem to have a scheduled obsolescence that US warranty does not cover.

Best Answer

Lucky it's only 2 months old.  I need to contact customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa just has a black screen, it is still on and vibrates when I have the alarms and it sycronizes but the screen is just blank. On Sunday I went to sleep with my watch working and next day the screen is not working at all. Please help me I use my device a lotI have tried to recharged it, to reset it even to change the face from it and nothing works 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is also unresponsive as of yesterday. Screen will not turn on, no lights and will not sync to my App. I have tried all suggested restarting methods as well. Hope to have some help. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes