Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is tracking too many steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to stop my fit bit from counting bumps in the road as I drive? I haven’t walked but 3500 steps today but it shows almost 10100

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @tammylynn2466. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please not wrist trackers count steps depending on the movement of your arms. Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Unless you're driving in a car with a very stiff transmission or on bumpy roads, your device should not give you false readings. Also, if you place it in a surface with something vibrating or if you make hard hand movements. You can learn more about how your Fitbit tracks steps by checking the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

However, there are 2 ways you can prevent this from happening while you drive:

1. You can plug your tracker into the charging cable while you are driving -- the Fitbit will not count steps while it is charging.  
2. You can log the driving manually by following the steps in this article

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @tammylynn2466. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please not wrist trackers count steps depending on the movement of your arms. Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Unless you're driving in a car with a very stiff transmission or on bumpy roads, your device should not give you false readings. Also, if you place it in a surface with something vibrating or if you make hard hand movements. You can learn more about how your Fitbit tracks steps by checking the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

However, there are 2 ways you can prevent this from happening while you drive:

1. You can plug your tracker into the charging cable while you are driving -- the Fitbit will not count steps while it is charging.  
2. You can log the driving manually by following the steps in this article

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes