Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa lite taking forever to setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so I have a Fitbit Versa lite. I was getting incomplete sleep data so I did a factory reset on it. I probably shouldn’t have done that. It’s been 4 hours now and it’s still setting this thing up. My app on my iPhone 6s says updating 49%. I tried the steps where it said to remove the device from my account and set it up as a new one, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app and all that and still this keeps happening. Any insight? I can’t believe it should take 4 hours to update this thing?

ive only had it a week. Any ideas? Should it take this long? I’m seriously reconsidering my purchase and thinking about just returning it

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I should also add, my WiFi connection for my phone is strong, over 100mbps and the watch is on the charger and fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved the problem. After removing the device and adding it again it still did the same thing. It also did the same thing after I set it up as a new device. I did this on 2 different phones. I decided to try a last resort method and connected to a laptop and it worked. Maybe it was a phone or app issue that caused the trouble but connecting to a laptop and running the setup that way worked for me. I also managed to get it paired back to my phone so all is good now.

Best Answer
0 Votes