Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa looses time and it won't sync properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last two weeks the time has been off by a few minutes during the day but overnight looses about 30-45 minutes. My notifications have been weird either getting multiple of the same text message or none at all. Problems with syncing as well, saying no device found or taking forever to sync draining the battery in the process. I have back and forth with support and they just tell me to try this or that without actually helping to fix the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, the device, shut off Bluetooth and back on, restarted the device multiple times and did a factory reset. Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Amby63, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa looses time. I'm also sorry to hear that it won't sync and show the notifications properly. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they sent you an email with some instructions. In case you already tried all the troubleshooting steps they recommended, please let them know so they can follow up and assist you accordingly. I know how frustrating this is for you. However, I'm sure that they'll find a solution for you.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me and I have tried all the possible troubleshooting options. My Fitbit has not been syncing for over two days now. 

Best Answer

My Versa has also stopped syncing and nothing I try is resolving the issue. It hasn't synced since 2/29. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I've tried everything customer support told me to. Uninstall Fitbit app re installed it. Restart phone  bluetooth  worked for a few minutes after I got off phone with customer support then stopped syncing again.  I'm fed up!

Best Answer

Yes I have received over 15 emails from support and every suggestion (many of the same thing) have not worked. Obviously I am not the only one having this issue. What does Fitbit plan to do to fix the problems? Because as far as I can see no progress is being made and I am ready to switch to another device due to lack of customer service and lack of resolution. 

Best Answer

I am beyond fed up. Two weeks of this and no results from customer service except to tell me “we are sorry but we can offer you 25% off a new product”. Why the f would I want a new product when your current one isn’t working. I’m thinking Apple Watch is looking good right now. 

Best Answer

That’s crazy. Mine started messing the time up last week. Saying I was working out at 430 am and wouldn’t fix it. Now it’s not tracking my workouts at all and only says not enough data, even though it was still tracking my heart rate and steps. They need to seriously fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,  my fitbit is acting up as well. The clock seems to be locked. I can't get into settings to remove it from Bluetooth and reset. It also won't update..the only thing it will do is sync..Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! I am experiencing the same thing.  Very frustrating.  I have done the same as far as uninstalling and reloading, The time on the watch is correct but the time for my sleep and when it syncs is way off.   I’m ready to return this product!! 

Best Answer

Hello Amby63,

Yes,same here. Now customer support sent me an email saying in this case my phone is not a fully tested device.  They suggest I sync it with another phone. It was fine before the Fitbit upgrade.  Are they serious? Are they going to pay for a compatible phone? I don't think so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to me as well! I know 3 other people with the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, sync is a problem after the new firmware updates. The only way to do it to sync is to unpair and paired it again. It works but not for long. The issue will come back and you need to redo the unpair steps again. It will not work if you have another Fitbit watch around. I give up on the sync as it is foolish to redo the pairing every time you need to sync. Something is very wrong with the latest firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Started loosing time yesterday and not syncing. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, turned the device/my phone/Bluetooth on and off so many times I've lost count. I unpaired my versa lite and have been trying for hours to get it to reconnect again. It will reconnect for a little bit and try to update the software, but then for some reason it disconnects and then it takes many manuvers to get it reconnected. I finally have it in a good spot but it's been updating the software for HOURS, no exaggeration. I don't know what do to anymore 😭🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes