Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa losing time overnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit versa is not keeping the correct time overnight, for the last week when I wake up its 30 minutes slower than the correct time. I've factory reset it which has not fixed the problem. I've also reset the app, restarted the app, 'forgot' and reconnected the bluetooth connection all to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this and have any way to rectify this?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Mine has been doing this often on for the past two months. At first it was a significant amount of time now it’s just minutes. So annoying. Mine was replaced in August, and now that I’m still experiencing problems Fitbit says they will not support it since it’s out of the warranty. I think I’m about ready to get rid of my Fitbit and move to Apple.

Best Answer

I'm so over fitbit! I can't connect/sync at all. The time on my Versa lite is now 1/2 hour behind. I had this issue at the start of the year, and fitbit sent me a new "pebble". I did a factory reset yesterday, and took hours to get to sync with phone, now won't sync at all. I can't get it to pair, and can't even find the pairing Bluetooth information on my fitbit app.

Best Answer

My Versa has been losing time steadily for the last week or more.  Syncing is very intermittent, and it will no longer "pair" with my phone.  I have reset/rebooted the watch at least five times.  I've rebooted my phone.  I've turned Bluetooth on and off.  I've forced Bluetooth to "forget" the paired device.  I chatted with Fitbit support and they had be disable automatic time zone(s) on the application and change it to manual (That's EST/Toronto for me).  It seemed to work and then stopped working.  Today it wouldn't sync for over 10 hours and the watch was FORTY minutes behind.  Who the heck has ever heard of digital watches running slow! I also noticed that my watch seems to be using more power since in a day the charge has reduced by around 30% or 32%, whereas normally I get four days so only 20% battery usage per day.  I'm not happy.  This was an expensive gift to me.

Best Answer
This is exactly what has been happening with mine as well. I had the same issue at the start of the year, and I had to send back to fitbit my watch body, and they sent out a new one, which is the one I am now having the exact same problems with. It's so frustrating with something expensive, that you only get under 12 months use. I have tried deleting watch, app, all updates on phone and watch are up to date. I am so over Fitbits.

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
Yep, it is. I think Fitbit knows it at at this point doesn’t know what to do about it. Right now my Fitbit is exactly 1 hour behind. I’m just about done with this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yep, mine is exactly 1 hour behind now. It was working a little bit for a while, at least what I needed it for, and now it’s back to being completely undependable. I get the expense. I can’t afford to buy an Apple Watch which is what I will be buying because I will never buy Fitbit again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
You are the third person that has commented. I’m fairly certain that Fitbit knows they have a problem but doesn’t know what to do about it. Mine was better for a couple of days and now it’s back to be an hour behind. I am so over it. This has been going on for months. Now Fitbit is telling me to pound sand because my Fitbit that I just got in August, it was a replacement, is out of warranty. Way to support Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I know. Frustrating. I think my current one, which was a replacement in February, will be out of warranty, as it goes back to the original ones purchase date. I think my extended warranty is probably out as well. So so many people are having the same issue.

---------------------

Currently 1/2 hour behind. Not wearing  today, as I  rely on time and alarms.

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Best Answer

15 min behind today and won't sync. Pointless wearing it at the moment

Best Answer

This has been happening to me as well. It's now running over half hour behind. Also the Bluetooth now will not join. I have uninstalled app and  reinstalled several times and tried to connect but no luck 

Best Answer
Same, on all counts.

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

Have you had any feed back from customer support ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. But then I haven't sent them anything directly as yet.

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

They may get it fixed, but their apathy is going to be remembered long after they do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now 61 minutes 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yikes!

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

78 minutes this morning, have reached out to the support team on twitter in the hope we get a quicker resolution, they have been responsive thus far

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine at moment is 20 mins I reinstalled this morning managed to sync twice since then but now saying versa lite not found! It’s a right pain I didn’t realise how much I relied on it. Let’s hope you hear something back soon

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still at 61 minutes. Seems to get worse if I leave it at home and away from my phone, which I did because it was off time already. Just made it worse.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes