Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa losing time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa loses a minute every few days.

Does not correct with synching.

Tried rebooting.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app on phone.

Software up to date.

Using a fitbit clock face.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Syvret It's losing time because it is not syncing properly. Try restoring bluetooth connectivity:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected and All day sync are enabled.

If this does not help, try performing a factory reset (restoring your tracker to factory defaults). This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first if possible. You will also need to delete your tracker from your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a replacement device in the Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

@Syvret It's losing time because it is not syncing properly. Try restoring bluetooth connectivity:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected and All day sync are enabled.

If this does not help, try performing a factory reset (restoring your tracker to factory defaults). This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first if possible. You will also need to delete your tracker from your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a replacement device in the Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Having same issue last few days and I’ve tried all of these steps! Nothing helping so I think FitBit needs to do an update or something because it seems to be happening to a lot of people! Just overnight it lost 45 minutes.  But for the last six months it had been working perfectly! 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  phone model and OS? Versa firmware version and Fitbit mobile app version? When  exactly was your last sync? Please open Fitbit mobile app, tap on the Versa icon and scroll down to the sync section. What's the time stamp there?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

IPhone 7 Plus, oiS 12.1.4

fitbit version 2.88 as of 2 days ago which is when problems started! 

Can’t give you last sync right now (but I was syncing several times a day) because  I just removed everything from my phone and am going to try a factory reset and reinstall tonight. If that doesn’t fix it i don’t know what else to try! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Please go to your Dashboard on Fitbit.com and click on the Settings icon (gear cog) in the top right corner. You should the last sync there.

ETA: If pairing and unpairing of the tracker does not work, I probably would try factory reset as well. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like last sync was 4 hours ago, but I “removed” the versa from my FitBit account right around that time. Fingers crossed that the factory reset helps! Thanks for troubleshooting with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Do report back! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed mine doing this earlier today. It was two minutes off an hour ago, and now is five minutes off.  I cannot keep having all of these issues with this watch!  I refuse to do a factory reset again, as it takes hours to put all of my music back on it. Between the outrageously high floor count (goes up when I am dancing around on the same floor), the problems syncing and now this, I am planning on getting rid of the Versa.  I've had a Fitbit for years, back when people would ask, "What is that? What does it do?" and this is ridiculous that Fitbit has such a terrible product out there after so many years of being in the business.

Best Answer

@Syvret @SunsetRunner did you manage to resolve the issue?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately not. It’s been a constant source of frustration for over a week now. I keep hoping FitBit will put out an update that will fix this since it seems to be happening to a lot of people in reading the forums!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Yes, this seems to be related to the recent update. hmmm Factory reset didn't resolve the issue? it seems to be losing bluetooth connectivity and thus can't sync properly (loses time). Have you tried syncing it with other device? Sometimes when my Versa would get stuck, I would sync it with my other phone, and for whatever reason it would resume sync as usual with my main device... O.o

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Yes, I  Think I’ve tried everything humanly possible, including a factory reset and trying to connect it to my iPad instead of my iPhone. Nothing is helping. It will randomly all of a sudden sync  and then over the next several hours  continually lose time.  It’d be nice if FitBit at least told people that they’re working on this problem, but I haven’t seen any kind of acknowledgement that they’re aware of this issue. I’m wondering if it’s time to just buy an Apple Watch  but my Versa is less than six months old! 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Something else is bothering me. If it syncs at least once a day or so, it should not lose time that quickly. It just shouldn't. I think you should reach out to Customer Support. Factory reset did not resolve the issue either, I'm afraid something else might be wrong here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of the FitBit moderators  told me they put in a service ticket and that someone would be in touch with me. That was on February 28, no word yet!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Updated software - twice.
Factory reset - twice.

Fixed. Battery seems to be lasting much longer now too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Syvret Yes, I am not surprised. I have seen reports from people whose battery got back to normal after performing factory resets. This seems to be some firmware bug, IMHO. Other thing to keep in mind is 3rd party clock faces. Some of them, especially those stats heavy with frequent refresh rate, can cause a substantial battery drain - even 50% more.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so with you on this, it shouldn't take this much effort and conversation to get an electronic watch to work. Just today mine has lost 25 minutes over the course of the day, It's 3 months old. It was working fine until about 5 days ago, and now I seem to have to choose between having a step counter or a watch. I am so keen to hear if you've found a solution. Everyone here looks like they've tried everything as have you!

Best Answer

Hi. My eventual solution was to buy an Apple Watch!  I fought with my Versa for three weeks and nothing I did solved the issue. I was told 2 weeks ago that someone from customer service would be in touch with me, and I never heard a word. I can’t believe what horrible service they’re providing to folks who paid good money for their Versas. It’s clearly a software/firmware problem since it’s affecting so many, yet they aren’t even acknowledging that there’s a problem.So, I’ve given up on FitBit. 

Best Answer

So sick of this when is someone going to fix it. You’re losing customers Fitbit 

Best Answer