Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

That’s a real bummer! BTW, Google just bought Fitbit. Things may change.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never had such an awful time charging a fit bit.  I was sent a new charger but that doesn't solve the design problem.  The cradle to the Versa attaches does not make steady contact and thus never charges correctly.  I don't think a new charger will solve the issue.  Problem is in the connection.  Please offer some advice or help.

debra cudnowski, md

Best Answer
0 Votes

Debra,
Maybe you need to check that you are inserting the fitbit correctly— that the little metal pieces line up. Be sure to squeeze the charger until the fitbit sits securely in it. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had to tape my watch to the charger every night. The charger"leash"
is much too short no matter how well you have the magnetic strip lined up.
Definitely a design flaw. Never had this problem with charger 2 fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes
sounds like a versa (backside of the watch) connection problem. If all 4
pins on the charger are elevated and the same height, it would appear that
charger is not the problem, but watch is the problem. Versa should make it
right, good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that if I plug the charger into my laptop, it seems to work
better. Once I get the charging screen, I am carefully to set the package
down very gently.

Too bad they can't figure this one out. It needs larger contacts on the
charger dock.

--
J. Thomas
Best Answer
0 Votes
seems very weird, but glad it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So initially I discovered that my Versa charged better when charging using my laptop verses a charging block. Recently that did not work. They I read that someone observed that the charger was not designed very well and the charging pins did not make contact with the watch.  So I cleaned the contacts on the watch and on the charger. Still no luck in getting the watch charged. I then pulled out my multimeter and checked the charging dock and found that there was 5 volts being delivered at the pins on the dock. I then got out a spring clamp that I use for wood working and clamped the watch in the dock. It charged. I have done this once, so will have to see if this continues to be the workaround to charge. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit told me this morning that the battery level was low.  I went to charge it and it will not charge and it will not turn on.  It is not the charger because I checked it with someone else's Fitbit and it was charging theirs just fine.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re still under the one year warranty, give them a call
--

*"Only wasted day is one without laughter"*
*Author unknown*

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully you are within warranty period
or just past it. Fitbit replaced mine even though past warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did I live chat with Fitbit and git it working again.Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would call Fitbit. Their phone support has been good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up doing that, they were very good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have purchased a new charger and fitbit versa still will not charge. I can not do a restart because Battey appears to have only 3% charge. I can not get it to  power on. This is the second time in less then 3 weeks that I have had this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I did and they were very helpful.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did contact Fitbit and was sent a new Fitbit and a charger.  Thanks for all your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great and now you probably own 2 chargers ☺
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem tried every out let in the house. And even the girlfriends charger. And they are both brand new as if 4/22/2020 the problem turned out to be a bad charging block. It would charge our phones but not our fit bits. Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's Fitbit Versa did not charge overnight, she has a black screen and you could feel heat coming from it.  I chatted with Fitbit, they gave me the run-around telling me to do about 10 different things.  Then they came up with what I expected, "we will give you 25% off for a new item" and thanked me for being in the Fitbit family.  I have 3 fit bits in my household and that's how they treat family.  Told them I would seek purchasing a new brand so I could get a family that takes care of their products.  I will take my contact list of 500 and let them all know about Fitbit so that they will pass it on to all in their contact lists so that they may make purchases from sellers who stand by their products.  As you can tell I am pissed.

Best Answer
0 Votes