Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not counting milage or pace correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Out for a jog......with a friend.....maps are the same ....milage on the other hand .....I have 5.85 miles she has 9.1 

And my running pace is normally 13.55 to 14.25.......versa indicates 30.25....

HELP PLEASE 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

@Picture Versa uses both connected GPS and your stride length to estimate your distance and pace. Please adjust your stride length as described here.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Thanks for the tips.
I have re set my stride and GPS is on on the versa....

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

A reset on my stride length was done and I've made sure GPS is on.....still getting wrong info.......gets discouraging  ......

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Versa 2 can’t tell the difference between me walking and me driving. It records approximately 1K false steps each way during my 30 minute commute. It also counts an additional 200 - 700 false steps when I’m typing (which is 90% of my workday). Very disappointing.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you are jogging side by side with someone.....our maps are the same but she has 9.1 miles and mine barely 5miles......discouraging . I have tried factory set watch....deleted app cleared memory reinstalled still the same....

Getting no help from Fitbit.....GRRRR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was thinking of switching to versa 2 to possibly fixing my issues.....thanks for the info I wont switch if similar issues are still with versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Picture I will be honest, I have both Versa SE and Versa 2. I have not tested SE after firmware upgrade, but my Versa 2 running Fitbit OS 4.0 tracks steps waaaaay more accurately. As per driving, I am currently on holiday in Brazil and was visiting Sao Paulo (roads here are.... very bumpy :/) and during 9 hour drive, my Versa added only a few hundreds steps (that I probably got while I stepped on the parking lots to get my coffee fix). I also tested connected GPS on Versa 2 and did not observe any issues (compared with Apple watch and Google Fit).

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

So maybe mine’s defective and I should return it? I’ve had it a little over a week and rack up between 500 - 1100 steps during each 1 hour morning and evening highway commute to/from Atlanta. I know it’s not true steps as I’ve made note of the reading upon entering my car and it changes by way more than a few steps per the FB site FAQ claims. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GrimmCookies hmm have you tried changing the wrist placement in the Fitbit mobile app Versa settings? Like switching it to Dominant to make your Versa less sensitive? Also, which firmware version are you running? There's a new fimrware (4.0) being rolled out gradually to users.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Says it’s version 35.68.9.12 in settings. I’ll try changing the hand setting to see if that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How would I do that.

When I look its says up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GrimmCookies i can confirm you have 4.0 version then. try wrist placement setting. 😐

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Picture Open Settings app on your Versa and scroll down to About. Tap and check the version number there.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's set to dominant 

Because it is my dominant arm....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Picture you're on the old version. The new OS is being rolled out slowly. You may need to wait until the update pops up in your Fitbit app for download onto your Versa.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks.

Meanwhile very discouraging when training for a half marathon. 

Best Answer

@Picture I agree. I hope 4.0 addresses that.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes