Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Galaxy S7. Up until yesterday afternoon I have not had a single issue. Now I'm only receiving text notifications, Gmail, breaking news. No other email or phone calls aside from a notification that I've missed a call. I've reset the watch, reset my phone, made sure everything is on.Turned Bluetooth on and off. Not sure what is going on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I had my clock setting opened on my phone and the moment it changed to a new minute on my watch I changed my phone clock immediately. Also, make sure you have allowed permissions both on your fitbit app as well as allowing permissions under apps on your phone. Make sure nothing is silenced. Finally, try hitting the picture of the watch you have on your fit bit app, go to notifcations and make sure calls and text messages are on, using slider button. You can tap on calls and tap on menu bar and you will see send a test call notification to your phone and then you will see if it works. Don't know why but about once a year the clock time on my watch and phone are off slightly, so I have to do this. Sometimes after changing it you need to manually sync phone with watch and even shut down and restart both devices again.
Hope this helps,
Monica

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

It's great to see you around @DeeIGee.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I recommend taking a look at the help article My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and follow the instructions provide there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a waste of time cuz I done all the steps several times

wasted my time with support 

and for them after a long chat say well we working on a fix.   

$300 in the trash.  Wish I could get my money back

Best Answer

I got it fixed somehow. I think uninstalling and reinstalling the app is what finally fixed it. 

Best Answer

I already mention I I have dealt with support and it is a software issue and all I got was so sorry 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's all good now except I'm not receiving phone call notifications just notification I missed a call. Not a problem really, I always have my phone near me. Thanks for responding and offering suggestions. 

Best Answer

Not sure if this will help you but I had the same issue with not receiving call notifications until I accidentally got to a 'different' settings option today. I hit "tips" on the main screen-- Just entertain it and walk through the tips to the 2nd or 3rd one which has you hold the left side button down . There is a "Screen Wake" and "Notifications" option here.  Although in settings, I had Notifications on (I could receive texts but it would never vibrate but calls would not come through, I could only see a missed call) -- the "Notifications" on this other screen was off. I switched it on and have been able to receive calls ever since.

Best Answer

OMG thank you so much for this!!! It worked! I dont know how it got turned off but until recently I was not getting call notifications and this fixed it! Saved me an aggravating chat with Support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So happy it could help someone else!! Found it completely by accident, but it's worked like a charm ever since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That fixed it for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeeIGee Do you still have S7? Are you receiving phone calls on your Versa? I have S7 & up to Dec 2018 I didn't have any problems. I called support and did everything they said and I still can't get phone calls!!! All support says is they are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it. I love the Versa but am getting sick of it not working. I am looking into a new phone S9 but I am afraid I will have the same problem.  I want to know is it Fitbit or Samsung causing the problem? Why can't someone figure out what changed in Dec 2018?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I can say that the issue is still there. Very frustrating. I tried all the options and did the app reset but no luck. Very bad fitbFi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This worked for me. I must have accidentally turned it off when changing the straps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you--11 months later.  My notifications worked until yesterday when I was changing my band and accidentally pushed on all the side buttons.  I did what you recommended now and with the left button my notifications was at no.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem! I spent 2 days on the phone with Fitbit customer service only to be told it must be a faulty Fitbit and I received a new one. Even my new Fitbit Versa does the same thing with my Galaxy S7! I have done all these resets as well. This is so frustrating! I am watching for how to solve. If you figure yours out please let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is late, but make sure your phone and device have the same time. I have watched a million videos and this was my problem. 

Best Answer

I can't believe all the troubleshooting I did over the last few days to resolve this issue. Restarting fitbit watch and phone, uninstalling app, checking notifications, phone settings etc.   It was in fact, as another user stated, an issue with my clock on Samsung Galaxy S7 and fitbit Versa 2 being off by about 30 seconds.  I changed the time on my phone and bingo that was the issue.  I'm now receiving incoming calls again.  So try everything you read in the community posts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That did the trick for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you do this on your watch or the Fitbit app? I am no longer recieving call notifications and can't seem to fix it. I've tried everything. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had my clock setting opened on my phone and the moment it changed to a new minute on my watch I changed my phone clock immediately. Also, make sure you have allowed permissions both on your fitbit app as well as allowing permissions under apps on your phone. Make sure nothing is silenced. Finally, try hitting the picture of the watch you have on your fit bit app, go to notifcations and make sure calls and text messages are on, using slider button. You can tap on calls and tap on menu bar and you will see send a test call notification to your phone and then you will see if it works. Don't know why but about once a year the clock time on my watch and phone are off slightly, so I have to do this. Sometimes after changing it you need to manually sync phone with watch and even shut down and restart both devices again.
Hope this helps,
Monica
Best Answer