Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa heart rate has stopped working. Tried restarting, turning heart rate on and off, factory reset, etc... but nothing works. This seems to be a common problem amongst Versa users recently. What is the fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

and to be honest seeing how many people are having the exact issue, and consistently being given 'trouble shooting' tips that seem to have no effect WHATSOEVER... i'm not surprised people are jumping off the fitbit wagon.... i love mine but i just wish it would keep working.

Best Answer

Yip, I just checked it was 1 year and 1 day from when I got it that is stopped working! It is almost like this is planned obsolescence built into the product. I read somewhere that under EU law the warranty is 24 months, I wonder as it was bought pre-Brexit I could use this...mmm 

I really like/d my Versa 2 and I continue to use it as everything else works but I am really disappointed by this obvious issue. Is there anyone here with a Versa 3 who has had this issue? I am hoping whatever the problem is has now been designed out. 

Best Answer

What is the fix for the heart rate not working?? I paid almost 200 for this in October of 2019 and now the heart rate doesn’t work just as the warranty expired.  Is there a fix for this?  I’m not a happy camper right now.

Best Answer

Did you get a response in a fix?? This is crazy I tried everything and there are no green lights on the back either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I said the same thing it’s interesting how it stopped working just after the warranty expired.  I will never buy another fit bit product and wouldn’t recommend them. 

Best Answer

I am also experiencing the same issue. Also my notifications to move have stopped. I have tried all the troubleshooting recommendations and resets and still nothing. No green light on back.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Personally received an unsatisfying response. Tried everything including
multiple resets. When I reached out to customer service they checked my
warranty and since the watch was I think 1.5 months outside of the
warranty, best they could offer me was 35% of a new device. If the discount
have been 60% to 75% I may have bought a new Fitbit, however, I decided to
get a Samsung Active 2 watch instead since I'm now a bit bitter towards
Fitbit. I didn't want to purchase a new device just to have the same issue
happen.

One thing that may be worth it is seeing if the credit card you used to
purchase the Fitbit has extended warranty protection. I was able to get a
credit from the card company because of my Fitbit issue!
Best Answer
Mine was also just out of warranty, so not worth fixing, even if it was even fixable. fit bit off me 35% off a new one, but why would I pay to go through this again. By the # of complaints, it’s a relatively common occurrence, some manufacturing defect that they don’t seemed to have addressed moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Sorry to say They offered me 1 solution buy a new one with a 35% coupon. So
i switched brands, that will be the last dime fitbit gets from me.
Best Answer
I went to their Twitter help desk and they write a ticket for me.
Ultimately, mine was out of warranty but they sent me a coupon for their
web store.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That stinks because that’s one of the problems.  I don’t want to purchase another one knowing this is going to happen again. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Versa2. Done everything suggested. Heart rate kicks in and out and vibrates making my battery flat. So frustrating.

Best Answer

I'm having all same issues, not even year old. Tried all the same "troubleshooting fixes" still not working

Best Answer

My Versa has suddenly quit tracking/displaying my heart rate as well and I have tried all the steps to troubleshoot and still cannot

get it to track, any other ideas or suppprt you

can offer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone get a fix for this? Mine is probably 14 months old and got stuck on 83 bpm. Factory reset and now no green light.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call support. Mine was still in warranty and they replaced it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. If your Versa smartwatch isn't tracking heart rate, confirm these tips have been performed, this to ensure that your Fitbit can read your heart rate. 

If the troubleshooting has been performed but you're still experiencing difficulties, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Last but not least, this thread will be closed but feel free to open a new one if needed. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer