Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not working after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa started to not sync, then was not keeping the correct time. I tried resetting it using the two button way. No help. After 3 days of trying, I did a factory reset. Now versa will not turn back on. I also tried to hold down all the buttons for over 3 minutes several times. No luck. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

I strongly suggest that you contact @Fitbitsupport.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having the same problem. I have tried to reset it several times, but it doesn't turn back on. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Definitely contact Fitbit I am getting a replacement sent 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call fitbit customer service and speak with a supervisor and they will
replace it
Best Answer
0 Votes
The only option you have is to contact FitBitSupport.
They will assist you the best they can.
Best Answer

After latest system update, Versa started to act up and would constantly crash on sync.

Unpaired and re-paired it couple of times but in vain. Finally decided to do factory reset and now even I am stuck with blank screen.

When I did reset, battery was at 84%. Still this thing won't start up.

Tried all solutions mentioned here. None worked for me.

Best Answer

Yes i have had the excact same problem with my watch and it is very frustrating as i camt turn it on. I would very much appreciate if you could help me and find a solution to this problem..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue for 2 weeks, Versa wouldn't connect with my phone, did factory reset, and now get black screen. I talked to customer service and they said they will give me 25% off a new one. I don't want a new one just fix the one I bought. I need to know the next step what should I do?

Best Answer
Buy a Samsung Galaxy Watch, problem solved. I love my Samsung Galaxy Watch 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi, I have done the FR. The device became unresponsive totally.. Tried above mentioned steps already. But no relief. Pls support if you have any customer service centers in India. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry to hear that you too have had this problem.
I myself had to purchase a new one (without the discount as it was older
than 12 months and out of guarantee).
I don't think they have found a specific solution to this issue just yet.
But I have full confidence that one day they will.
Unfortunately for us, it is not right now when we can just go through a
couple of steps and fix the issue.
Again, I am sorry.
Best Answer

Help - this has happened to me now .  Had syncing issues and battery drained last night - charged, still couldn’t sync or see via Bluetooth- ended up doing factory reset and followed directions to get it to restart - nothing !!  Just a black screen!  This is frustrating - every Fitbit i get usually ends up having issues once I am out of warranty - time to switch to Apple Watch?? 

Best Answer
Samsung Galaxy Watch is  so much better than a fitbit, I will NEVER purchase another fitbit product again!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I have tried this multiple times but it doesn't work. I have been loyal to fitbit from the inception of the company and I am very disappointed in Fitbit that they know peoplearehavingtroublewith factory resetting their versa devices and it doesn't want to work afterwards... I would replace orrecall the product because all Fitbit is doing now is destroying their brand reputation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is 16 mths old, my wife and kids bought me a Fitbit because I have heart problems. I could not get debit card to load on Versa, all related data was on my phone Versa app but just wouldnt load to phone. Tried different things and eventually did a factory reset by using the Versa's settings menu and Factory Reset with a Yes.

Since then black screen and nothing, tried left and bottom right buttons but nothing. Had 40% charge when I did factory reset, have tried to charge but nothing shows up, no flashing lights on back, Nothing. 16 months and it seems stuffed. HELP plse, I need this for my heart problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the sme problem so I called customers service, They really helped me
immediately,

Danny
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was your Fitbit still under warranty? How did they help you? 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issues. I tried all the steps mentioned. Still no display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issues, can anyone help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me that my watch was out of warranty and they couldn’t do
anything for me except offer a discount my next purchase. My wife and I
have been a Fitbit user since the HR. We purchased both products the HR and
when they died not a week apart we purchased the Versa 2018. Now my wife’s
Versa stop working a month ago and now mine stopped working after a factory
reset!. You seeing a pattern here? It appears the Fitbit has a life span of
less than 1 year. So there offer is not acceptable. I feel that the Versa
should be replaced at no cost. They don’t stand behind there product. I
found a similar watch for a lot less at Spade & Co.
https://spadeandco.com/
Best Answer