Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen fell off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Versa fell off, I was not doing anything, I came home from work and noticed the screen has just fell off. Had this happened to anyone else? it's less than a year old, purchased on September 2018 :(. $200!

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having issues straight out the gate so to speak. If your fitbit is under warranty still, call support and request a replacement. They are great while things are still under warranty. For me, yeah I was deeply disappointed to see yet another fitbit fail in under 2 years. I don't plan to replace mine. Not sure what if anything I will replace it with just yet. Good luck

Best Answer

I haven’t tried to glue it yet. Seeing if anyone else has and what
locations. I absolutely love my versa. But I also am gravely concerned
because I didn’t even take mine anywhere near water. I babied it. I’ll
keep you posted
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I applied a very thin amt of gorilla glue to outside edge and then held it down about a minute and then let it sit at least a day. So far so good......

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

From my experience, gorilla glue tends to foam up her expand something to that extent. Did you see any sign of that? What kind of gorilla glue did you use. There's so many different kinds now. The one I experienced with the foaming / expanding was the original. I'm guessing the gorilla glue brand super glue probably doesn't do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It had a little brush with it so I was able to control the amt better. Unfortunately I have used all of it or I would send pic.....sorry

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My screen is useless. Tracks steps and time but cannot switch screens since glueing back. Good luck.

Good thing but habits die hard – especially when I need to get my steps in 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1617624586708.png

Thanks for your response. The screen is basically locked no on the initial screen and cannot use for any other applications. I have come to rely on it so its hard. Looking for another smart watch.

Good lucl and thanks for responding.

Yep I baby mine too. No swimming – no showering perhaps that was the problem. The glue dried out!

My best,
Anthea

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Anyone reading this thread:  DO NOT USE the original Gorilla Glue. It expands, is not clear, and will ruin it! I'm assuming that the user who got this to work used Gorilla Super Glue...it is clear and fast-drying. 

Best Answer

I used super glue. Clear. I put a small bead across the top and bottom. I
didn’t want to do all sides for fear it would damage it. So far it’s
holding and works fine. A little disappointing I had to take that measure
but I do love my Fitbit. It just makes me question any future purchases of
one.
--

Best Answer

I’ve had mine for about 18 months. Swam with it several days a week for the first 12 months without any problems. Hasn’t been wet since July. Last week I rinsed it off...couple days later the face popped off. Still attached, but won’t stay locked into the frame. I was afraid to use glue. I went back to wearing my old Blaze, but missed all the extras that the Versa has. 
My solution for my Versa was a soft full cover case/screen protector. I ordered it on amazon - $8 for three covers, variety of colors to choose from. You have to take the cover off (gently!) to charge it, but other than that I’m happy to have my Versa back up to speed!!

Best Answer

Do you mind sharing or linking where you got those screens from? I did
glue very gently a bead across the top and bottom of my screen and it held
tight. I dare NOT get it wet now though. I LOVE my Versa, so I'm not
willing to give up on it yet. If just for the motivation it gives me
tracking steps, and developing healthy habits -

Thanks for sharing your story!

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to help! I’m not planning to get mine wet ever again, but I still love everything else about it!

Here’s the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GDPZBH4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great idea if mine “pops” off again!

Cathy
Best Answer

Had a similar issue on my Versa. Unit was less than 24 months old. Glue around the edge of the screen was rather soft and seemed to have lost its ability to hold on. To repair the issue I used "sensor safe" RTV and put a very small bead around the case lip and then placed a heavy book over the screen over night to allow it to seal. About 24 hours after the repair and everything is going well so far with 100% functionality.

IMPORTANT: Do not use anything but sensor safe RTV, regular RTV releases chemicals during the curing process that will destroy electronics. Given this will be right next to your phones guts and an enclosed space, regular RTV will destroy your watch.

Best Answer

My screen fell off as well and now the versa 2 is stuck at an off hours screen. It's making me look at samsung

Best Answer

This happened to me last week.  Same age as everyone elses tracker on this thread. 

When I mentioned to support it happened the support rep (which I full acknowledge it is not the support reps fault and they did an absolute wonderful job) I was told, that it is a known issue that FitBit is aware of, and there is no known resolution but to buy a new one. 

Which of course, my device was 6 months out of warranty, a fact that was presented to me like this:

Me:  It's just a few months out of warranty of a $200 device! You can see how little I've used it in the last 2 months!
Rep: It's almost 6 months past

As if I was an idiot for believing a $200 device was to last longer than 1 year. 

Then, again after I was told it's not covered, and offered the 25% off coupon, I remarked how my options as a loyal FitBit customer for the past 4 years was to pay $150 for a known issue with no resolution.  

Which, by the way, I have not received my 25% off coupon anyway.  But don't worry, I've received all the Mother's Day marketing emails for product. 

I was really upset that this was FitBit's stance on a KNOWN issue.  Buy a new one.  

I've stood by the Fitbit products, recommended them to friends and family looking for fitness trackers over garmins, iOS, and Android trackers. I even got one for my tween getting into sports. 

I was so disappointed in this response.  I did make multiple comments in the support chat log to please show our chat to the executive team.  

I get that I'm just a number, I get that I'm not any really important to corporate team at FitBit.  But to know there's an issue with the Versa screen just popping off, and not stand by the product, knowingly continue to sell the product, and then not replace it when it happens after 1 year, or even valuing me enough to send the coupon, it makes me horribly aware that my business is not what you wish to keep. 

Best to all of you thank you for all the tips provided, I mean right now I haven't used my Versa in over a week due to the face popping off, so I'm willing to try the mentioned sensor glue. 

I do want to add that the Support Rep who helped me.. I think Mari or Maria, was wonderful. This is not that reps fault, they are just doing their best in a cruddy time where everyone is stuck inside and miserable. 

**edited the price. 

Best Answer

658C8628-63B0-4BC9-974C-111CCEA160E0.jpeg

This sounds exactly like my conversation with a rep (who was amazing as well )! 
I was in the middle of a workout when the screen went POP and feel off! 
Very disappointing when you spend so much money on a product only to have it break after a year and the company not help their customers out! 
I have switched to another company now! Will never recommend or purchase from Fitbit again! 

Best Answer

I was in the shower and when I got out my screen came out. It's not turning on anymore, worst part is that bought it last year in February. This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Yes! Happened to me too but was past warranty! 

Best Answer
So was mine! They offered me 25% off a new one!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

This has happened to me several times with the Versa. The first one they replaced and it happened to the replacement a few months later. Then my mom gave me hers, as she switched over to the Apple Watch, and I woke up one day and the face was gone off of that one.  I will not be buying another Fitbit. 

Best Answer