Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I tap the screen on my Fitbit Versa, nothing happens. The buttons will still work, but I cannot tap the screen or scroll at all. I have tried syncing and resetting but nothing has worked. Any advice is appreciated!

Moderator edit: subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Assuming when  you say "resetting" you are talking about a Restart, try it several times if necessary.  If that doesn't work, all that's left is a Factory Reset reached by swiping right to Settings, then About and then Factory Reset which puts the watch back to the way it was when you unboxed it.

EDIT:  I just reread your post and if you can't scroll to the Factory Reset setting, do it the 3 button way described below:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Assuming when  you say "resetting" you are talking about a Restart, try it several times if necessary.  If that doesn't work, all that's left is a Factory Reset reached by swiping right to Settings, then About and then Factory Reset which puts the watch back to the way it was when you unboxed it.

EDIT:  I just reread your post and if you can't scroll to the Factory Reset setting, do it the 3 button way described below:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset

Best Answer

Great to see new faces @javes20, welcome and @SunsetRunner thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the display issue you are experiencing and would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked or if you keep having problems?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Yes, I have tried all of the proposed solutions and nothing seemed to have worked.  I reset several times and tried to factory reset.  I called customer service twice, sent videos of what was wrong and nothing was working.  Fitbit is now mailing me a replacement one!

Best Answer

Those are great news @javes20, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, 

I was having the same touch screen issues with my versa for few days now, I followed your instructions and it works. Screen seems to be responding faster than before. 

Thanks again 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Weakenfalls thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 🙂

I appreciate you have taken the time to join us and let us know the instructions provided by @AlejandraFitbit were helpful to you. I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

This has also happened to my fitbit. I have tried several times to restart using the 3 button method but no vibration occurs when I release the bottom right button. 

Do I keep trying this or is there something else I need to do? 

Best Answer
Repeat the same process a few more times, it might takes several tries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Weakenfalls and @Sammyam thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. @Weakenfalls thanks for your tips, I'm sure they will be very helpful.

@Sammyam I have reached our Support Team and it seems you have already created a case with them and they have been able to provide you a resolution, I'm very glad. 

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
Hi,

There is no resolution to my issues, currently my versa watch still not
turning on. I've been followed all the buttons combinations and follow some
others suggested, nothing seems to work at this moment.
Best Answer

I contacted the support team using live chat..they were very helpful and talked through several solutions. Unfortunately none worked for me. They confirmed my issue shouldn't happen and are sending a replacement .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay😁

Also did the same thing through the live chat, the tech support was very informative and helpful with my issue. Lucky me that my versa was still under warranty so they processed a replacement for me. I should revrece it in 5-7 days. 

Thank you 😊 and have blessed day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Weakenfalls and @Sammyam I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I appreciate you have come back and let us know you contacted our Support Team and they will be replacing your devices, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

How do you get to the live chat?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I tried resetting several times and still unable to swipe or make selections by touching the screen so I thought I would do a factory reset and I too held all 3 buttons and released the bottom but never did get a vibration indicating a factory reset was initiated. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be a common issues with the versa. If I may ask, by any chance your versa got splash with hot or really warm water? It happens to mine while washing dishes and my watch just went dead after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weakenfalls - no it was not exposed to hot/warm water when it quit working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, nothing. I actually had it in my pants pocket to get steps counted bcus I can not wear on my wrist while at work. It’s never gotten wet or not. But when the screen initially stopped working, the screen did feel incredibly warm to the touch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes