Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen separates from body of the watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchase my wife a new Versa, to replace her lost Charge 2.  It lasted about two weeks, until the screen fell off the body of the watch.

She was not doing anything energetic, just standing in a queue, when the screen separated.

Now about a month later, it has happened again. No strenuous activity just getting out of the car with handbags etc. Screen just fell off the body of the watch.

The first incident we just put down to bad luck and we were able to get it replaced by the Retail Seller (who said they had never heard the like before).  But to have it again within a month with nothing that my wiffe was doing to explain why the Versa would fall apart.  It wasn’t bumped, hit or otherwise rough handling.

This quality issue is a major concern and she is worried about wearing it least it should happen again and she doesn’t notice until way to late.

Apart from the unexplained trend for the Versa to fall apart on her, my wife was very happy with it, its features, battery life and all.

Would anyone else have experienced something like this

David

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experiences.

I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. 

In an effort to keep the forums organized, this thread will be closed. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
289 REPLIES 289

That is so weird. I've had mine from April and I don't consider myself very gentle. I wear it in the gym and while swimming in the sea and I don't even have one single scratch on it yet. I do however have a screen protector but I don't think that would protect yours from screen separation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree its totally weird.  My wife is not a boisterous person although she is a Black belt I Karate.  She is a 60 year old lady, working in Child Care without much direct interaction with children,  Her watches did not even have a scratch on them and compared to my rather batter Charge 2, they were well looked after.

I am hoping that someone from Fitbit will see this message and start to look into it because my wife and I are totally bewildered

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me today. I just happened to look down at my wrist and the screen was separated from the body of the unit, sticking up in the air attached by some sort of film  🙁 So strange, it happened all of a sudden. I’m not rough with it either, and I’ve only went swimming with it a few times. I called customer service and they sent me a link for a replacement thankfully. 

Best Answer

@klynn27

Its kind of good to know that my wife is not the only one suffering this, but it would be even better to know why it happens so that we can avoid this.

She will take it back to the shop for a replacement as its still less than two months old.

Its good that Fit arranged a replacement for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the Versa was bought from a 3rd party retailer, you might want to consider returning or exchanging it.  If you bought it directly through Fitbit, you might want to contact Customer Support to see what they have to say.  If it's still under warranty, it may be replaced.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

We are taking it back to the local retailer as we did the first time it happened, Australian Consumer law means that the seller must replace or refund the purchased item.

Would not mind hearing from Fitbit on the issue, not for any replacement (as that is being done locally) but just how could this happen?

Best Answer

Same thing happened to mine today as I was taking out my trash bag. I was never hard on it and always took care of it. It only lasted 2 months. I went to the retailer and they exchanged it for me after speaking to a manager. However, they informed me that they do not provide extended warranty for these anymore and I will only be able to exchange it 14 days after purchase. 

Best Answer

t may be different where you are, but in Australia, the retailer is primarily responsible for the goods that they sell and have to ensure that they are fit for purpose when sold.

When returned to the retailer for replacement, the retailer then claims back from the supplier, Fitbit in this case.

But it should be of concern to Fitbit that a retailer is threatening not to replace damaged goods, so soon after purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing today. I've only had it for 7 months.  I contacted customer support and they told me there was nothing they can do. They refused to replace it or give me money back. I simply turned my wrist and the screen separated from the body and they told me that the issue is not covered under the warranty so I'm out of luck and out of $200. I'm furious! 

Best Answer

I can understand your frustration.  Under Australian law, the Retailer is compelled to refund/replace the item in the first 12 months, its found to be not fit for purpose.

I guess that is not the case where you are.

Really poor effort from Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

No unfortunately, I live in the USA. Fitbit claims that the screen
separating from the body of the device without any kind of force is not
covered under their warranty policy and even though I can no longer wear or
use the device for its purpose they refuse to replace it. I will never
recommend or purchase their products ever again.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Don’t blame you at all

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Yup. My screen just separated as well.  Sounds like they wont help me either.   

Best Answer

I was planning on getting the Versa this coming weekend. As it looks, it is not going to happen.

Best Answer
I got another Versa and purchased a protective case from Amazon. I am hoping that makes it last longer. If not, I am out $200. 
Best Answer

That is very interesting, I was not aware that such things existed, so that you for telling me.

I will go and have a look at them now.

Cheers

David

Best Answer

@Fabixn, this protective case you are talking about, can you than swim with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think so. Here is the link of the one I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9LX5HM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best Answer

Same thing happened to me today.  I did an online chat with them and then took a picture of it and shared it with the online agent,  they immediately sent me an email and i was able to get a replacement sent to me.  Whole process took about 5 minutes.  Not sure why you had a different experience with Fitbit support but mine went great.  

Best Answer