Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen won't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit was charged for about 40% when I walked out the door. When I looked at it an hour or so later, the screen had this strange blackish colour and the device wouldn't respond to any of the actions I undertook. 

It doens't turn on its screen when I press the unlock button, or if I touch the screen. I've also tried restarting my Versa, but this wouldn't give any response either. The same results after recharging the device.

My Fitbit actually can synch with my phone and the heartbeat sensor still works (I can see the green lights on the backside).

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same issue. 

Thank you in advance!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KobeK. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa screen. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

My Fitbit screen went blank and wouldn't respond today evening (even though just this morning I charged it to 100%).

I still connected it to the charger, the screen came back on, battery showed as full, but then this happened 2-3times. So I did a factory reset & i deleted & reinstalled the app too.

Now when I tried syncing it to the phone, it doesnt detect my fitbit. The fitbit on the other hand when connected to charger first shows 0% battery, then 5 seconds later the logo comes up, stating in different languages that I should set it up with the app (the usual way). But at this moment the battery shows as full. When I remove the watch from the charger, the screen goes blank. Please advise

I bought this Fitbit from Germany in August 2019 and I am now in India.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sherryberry5.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device's screen and the troubleshooting steps you tried. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand that you're unable to set up the watch at the moment and would like to confirm if you tried our complete troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? Let me know if the issue with screen persists, I will be glad to assist you further. 

Please keep me posted. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Thanks for your revert.
I followed the steps, the watch is stepup.
But the main issue still persists, which is that the screen doesnt get on.
When I put on charging it vibrates, shows 0% battery, then after a few
seconds the screen lights up, it's back to normal with time and everything
and the battery icon is green and shows as full. Then eventually after a
few more seconds it I tap it, it doesnt get lit up and is back to being
dead.
I'm very disappointed as I have used this watch for only 6 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sherryberry5, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details of the issue with your screen. I totally understand how you're feeling as you have had your watch for only 6 months and would like to continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you've tried already the complete troubleshooting steps including a restart from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

I also recommend switching to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I tired everything.
Cleaned the pins.
Changed the USB outlet (even though the same one is still charging my fon).
Left the watch on charging for an hour but nothing happened.
I bought a different charger, just to check if the original charger was
faulty but it wasn't charging.
The clock is normal, I didn't install or download from anywhere.

The watch on both the chargers now does nothing except just show 0% and
then all is blacked out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @Sherryberry5

I really appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes