Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stuck on 32.33.1.30

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

Love my Versa, but I recently noticed that the Spotify app was released a while back, to my great surprise and delight! But, problem is, I can't use it because my Versa's firmware is too old, and no matter what I try, the app can't find any updates whatsoever, be it firmware version 32.68.9.12 or 32.68.9.15. Searching for updates via the Windows Fitbit App yields the same results. Any suggestions?

Kind regards, A confused Fitbit-er.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A factory reset fixed it for me, upgraded from 32.33.1.30 to 32.72.1.15 when I added it as a new device after a factory reset.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hello @Muzze a user doesn't search for an update, fitbit pushed out the update. I would contact fitbit, link found in the top right slide out menu. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I am however aware that devs push the update and that the tracker is supposed to recieve an prompt to update for me to confirm. What strikes me as odd is that I haven't recieved any propmt even from the update BEFORE this latest one, which makes me worried that my Versa might be defective somehow.

Guess I'll contact the support if not someone in the same situation reaches out to me with a solution here.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i have the same problem , do you have any update in this case??? thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

If setting up the tracker as a replacement to itself did not work then the best thing i can suggest would be to contact fitbit. I'm sure they would have a way to force the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue, contacted twitter support over it. They asked me to factory reset my Versa, which changed nothing. Then they went through the usual troubleshooting steps, and asked me to reset the tracker again.

Finally got through to the technical team yesterday for them to tell me that nothing is wrong, and I should get the update within a week. But like you, my Versa is 2 updates behind the latest version.

I just seem to be being sent around in circles and getting no real answers about the issue. 

David | https://trendweight.com/u/c411848e31a64d/ Charge 5 | Prev. Flex 1, Charge 2, Versa, Charge 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there! @davidallan  @ezis906  @Rich_Laue 

I emailed the support about it. According to them, it's about playing the waiting game. They said the updates should come soon but they didn't give any timeframe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured by now it would have been released to all. Did they explain why you did not get the 68.9.12? 

The one being rolled out is 68.9.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  Nope no explanation. Only that I should be getting the 68.9.12 one first. I'm gonna wait for a week or so. If nothing happens by then I'll contact the support again. I'll be sure to update you guys here as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like support was more helpful to you than they were with me. I got told I should have "the update" within a week and then they sent the usual "rate our customer service" form. So I contacted them again asking for clarification on which update I'm expecting this week, and not heard back (waiting about 11 hours at this point).

Looks like it is just a waiting game. 

David | https://trendweight.com/u/c411848e31a64d/ Charge 5 | Prev. Flex 1, Charge 2, Versa, Charge 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here, stuck on 32.33.1.30, I have another versa which sync to another phone, it's ok to update and I love the new features of latest firmware, pls help, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gah following this thread. Just got my Versa and I was so excited for Spotify (which needs this update). Trying to avoid a factory reset, which sounds like it didn't work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody ! Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences.  As many of you already mentioned the current version of the Firmware for the Versa is 32.68.9.15 and it's still rolling out. 

There are different factors why you might not have received any notification regarding the update. 

E.g. 

-  You haven't been selected for it yet, as the roll out has been done progressively !

- You have an older version of the Fitbit app. Please check that you Fitbit app is up to date. (3.8 for Android and iOS)

We recommend using Android and iOS for the updates.

If you only have access to a Windows device. Please visit fitbit.com/setup and check that you have installed the right option for your device. Please remember that we do not support the Fitbit App Windows 8 anymore. In that case you should install Fitbit Connect. 

I appreciate your patience if you are still waiting for the firmware update for your Versa!

Please let me know if you have further questions. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same issue as you. Was messing with my Versa all day yesterday out of frustration then found a few comments saying that the update will take time to push out. Decided to say "screw it" and just wait. Nothing happened this morning but come this afternoon and its finally asking to update! If anyone else is having this issue just give it some time 🙂 

I'm just the most impatient person in the world. 

Best Answer

Lo and behold, it hath arrived! Updated this morning, and so far none of the dreadful battery draining issue has reared it's ugly head. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Muzze, please refrain from multiple postings of the same problem or question in the future.  You posted this one three different times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Got it. My apologies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, mine do ask me to update, but when I run the update it fails every time. I checked my wifi multiple times, I reset my Fitbit, I removed it and then added again but no luck. It updates to approximately 98% and then pops up a message the update is failed. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

we've got two fitbit versa watches at home (one recently bought for my son) and we are also stuck on version 32.33.1.30 (with Android fitbit app version 3.12). We cannot install Spotify up to now. I understood from the previous discussions that the update of the micro app on the versa watch was progressively introduced. Is this process still on-going or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your answers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes