Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen, battery draining and random restarts issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Versa a year and half, about 6 months ago things started going downhill. The touchscreen doesn't work at all - can't check my stats for the day, can't scroll to the apps, can't check notifications, etc. The battery life went from 4 or 5 days to less than 48 hours. It also randomly restarts and shows the logo on the watch. Sometimes it even resets to the wrong time and day. I loved my Fitbit but have had enough. I am so disappointed, is there an easy fix? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app on my phone. I've tried resetting and restarting the watch. Nothing works, please help! Thank you in advance!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jen000, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's touch screen feature is not working properly, the battery drains fast and it restarts constantly. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Set up your watch from scratch

Finally, try the tips listed in this help article in order to improve the battery life of your watch. Finally, monitor your Versa and see if the issues get fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes