Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa vs Charge HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my charge HR finally died, i'm not a huge fan of Fitbit because it isn't able to properly negate steps ( i faced it riding a motorcycle), but this is the only platform that kinda allows negate some data. charge 2 isn't an option due the lack of waterproof.  the problem is that the local retailer sells the Versa at almost USD 300, it's more cheaper if i buy it in amazon and ship it to my country. doing it i may lose the possibility of get a replacement or repair if the Versa get broken under the warranty period.  my charge hr suffered the band issue and i managed to get a replacement, i'm not sure if the Versa has problems to care about? 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i decided to get a strap for my charge hr on amazon instead of moving to the versa or Charge 2. also i'm leaving Fitbit, optical hr aren't good enough to catch hr data when you are are excising. Fitbits closed ecosystem doesn't allows us to improve data, use another hr source like a strap, sync with google fit, and much more. Fitbit is like the apple of the wearables. i decided to use the charge only as a step tracker (expensive one) and occasionally use the HR. but, i'm definitively switching to a polar H10 for workouts tracking. when the charge finally dies, switching to a polar A370.

Moderator edit: format

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I will not recommend to buy Fitbit Versa until they provide all supported accessories available in the market. I bought Versa 3 weeks back and due to minor accident I had, its screen is broken. When I checked with Fitbit support, they said they do not cover accidental damage. They do not have any repair shop and also the screen is not available online or at any store.

Best Answer

See my new post above... short answer is that it is not.

Best Answer

I wouldn’t buy directly from Fitbit since I think their customer service is not the greatest and if you have any problems with your Fitbit, it will probably take months to get a replacement or so. Maybe be better or worse since you’re international. Anyway, if you really want to try the Versa I would recommend buying it locally at a store that has a good return policy like Best Buy and buy their extended warranty since it covers everyday wear and tear like cracks and scratches which the versa seems to be known for. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i decided to get a strap for my charge hr on amazon instead of moving to the versa or Charge 2. also i'm leaving Fitbit, optical hr aren't good enough to catch hr data when you are are excising. Fitbits closed ecosystem doesn't allows us to improve data, use another hr source like a strap, sync with google fit, and much more. Fitbit is like the apple of the wearables. i decided to use the charge only as a step tracker (expensive one) and occasionally use the HR. but, i'm definitively switching to a polar H10 for workouts tracking. when the charge finally dies, switching to a polar A370.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes