Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my Versa died mid-day even though it had 50% battery remaining. I can’t seem to get it to turn back on completely off of the charger.  While on the charger it flashes between the Fitbit logo and a 0% battery logo and doesn’t appear to be charging.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

Try restarting it several times and see if it will charge then. If not please come back here.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charged all night, tried restarting several times and it didn’t work.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have flagged a moderator to come and help you

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DanidG117. It's nice to see you around @NellyG.

@NellyG thank you for your help and support! 

@DanidG117 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the battery issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around!

Best Answer

Nothing appears on the screen when I hold all 3 buttons down. I tried
multiple separate attempts to hold down all 3 buttons, and same response:
none.
--

Best Answer

Hi @DanidG117, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much!
--

Best Answer

Hi. I've same issue. My Versa started to read heartrate wrong (2x-3x) after the April firmware update and just this morning, it died when fully charged. Last All Day sync reported fully charged at 4am. At 7am when I took it off the charger, it had shutdown and will not restart. I have tried the 3 button reset mentioned in this thread with no effect. Please help. Thank you.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @PeterTravels.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details, I am glad to assist you with that. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. The advice above to reset the device isn't working. How do I proceed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LVH21.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I appreciate your efforts to resolve it by doing a restart. I recommend following the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, they requested that I charge and restart my device and then perform a battery drain. However, I have been unable to restart my device as I told them so the support solution hasn't worked. It's been very frustrating.

I started with a Flex, upgraded to a Surge, and then my fiance bought me the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! my fitbit died and will not restart with the method provided above. No screen appears when placed on the charger. I tried contacting Chat to no avail. Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue.  Around a  week ago, watch died with 25% odd battery left.  Contacted Fitbit support via chat, the restart did work.   Then 2 days ago, same thing - completely died with 70% battery left.  This time no restart works, no factory reset works, nothing.  

I've tried to contact FitBit with no luck - the chat option leads to a page not found once the chat form is filled out - useless.  

Can someone here suggest anything I can do?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Unyn @cjmca. Thank you for your reply, @PeterTravels.

@PeterTravels I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate you being a Fitbit customer. I've sent the update to our team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@Unyn @cjmca thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your devices. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and apologize for any difficulties trying to contact our Support team via chat. 

@Unyn upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

@cjmca since you've been in touch with pour Support team, I've sent this information to our Support team and they will be contacting you shortly. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I was not able to reach Support nor has my issues been resolved. Would you please have someone message or email me?

I had a different issue and received a replacement. The replacement is now nonfunctional. 😞

@LiliyaFitbit @MarreFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Versa as well....it just died with blank screen midday when I charged it overnight.  Tried the following:

1) pressed all 3 buttons and hold - nothing happened

2) pressed bottom and back buttons and hold - nothing happened

please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same issues. On Monday I was an overachiever and had over 17,000 steps, then went swimming. While in the pool, I noticed some flashing from my watch. Later that evening, the watch flashed some more and went off. Hasn't been back on, tried all the resets in this forum and under help, no logo, nothing. My app says the battery is fully charged. When plugged in, nothing shows. I'm new to Fitbit, this is disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine said it was at 0% when I put it on the charger and then 100% when I took it off. It connected to my phone and worked for a few hours and then the screen went black. I put it back on charge but nothing happened. I tried all the buttons and different ways people say to restart it and still nothing. I got onto the live chat where I was asked if the light on the back was blinking and to clean my charger and connection points. The light isn't on and if I connect it to my charger it just heats up and nothing happens. I can not get onto the chat so now I'm here. Any advice on what I can do next? 

Best Answer