Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't notify me of text messages or calls

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa a couple weeks ago stopped notifying me of calls or text messages, it won't vibrate or show the new message on the screen. But I'm able to go into my text message history and my new messages are there. How do I get my Fitbit to notify me again and/or get my phone calls and messages to pop up? I have a Google pixel #2

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HSimpson press and hold left button on your versa and make sure the notifications are on. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hey @Mkrager, welcome aboard! Ok, first of all, I'd like yo to make sure that your Versa is actually paired with your Google Pixel 2 XL. You can take a look at this help article if you have questions about how to do so. Then, review the instructions in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone device? 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I just bought a pixel 3 and it is synced but I still don't get my messages or calls. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @holly1013, it is great to see new faces around! Well, the Google Pixel 3 isn't on the list of compatible devices yet, so that could be the main reason why all the features (as notifications or syncing) aren't working between this phone and your Versa. However, you can take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

It’s been two weeks since my Fitbit Versa has notified me of calls or texts. They show up in the message area, but it doesn’t give the vibration notification. I know it’s paired with my iPhone and I’ve done a reset. Sadly, I’ve come to rely on this feature. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

@HSimpson press and hold left button on your versa and make sure the notifications are on. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

They are on.  I got a new phone but it is syncing with it great, I'm just not getting my texts or calls on it and I have come to rely on it during work 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@holly1013 by any chance do you keep your phone in DND / silent mode?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
No, but I went from and iPhone to a Pixle 3, do you think that's the issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I got on and chatted with Fitbit.  They had me delete my Versa in the app and add it back. That solved the problem.  Thanks!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@holly1013 I know some people have issues with Android Pie and that's what Pixel 3 runs, but your tracker is syncing with the phone without issues. Have you tried enabling Always Connected and Keep Alive Widget in the Fitbit mobile settings? Also, make sure that in the settings of your Android phone, under battery optimization, Fitbit is NOT being optimized. If this doesn't help, try unlinking and re-linking versa with your Fitbit account.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hi,

I am having the same issues with my Versa and apple iPhone. I have reset phone, reset Versa, turned Versa on and off, unpaired and repaired Bluetooth, tested the vibration.. everything the community forums have said to do I have done and still no luck!

Can I please have some help?

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer

I have that problem also.  I have an iphone 6s and I receive phone call notifications but not text notifications.  I've removed the Versa, reinstalled, turned off blue tooth and everything I have been able to find on the web. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Best Answer

I deleted my Versa completely from my fitbit app & then set it up again. It seems to have worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit and they walked me through troubleshooting. In my iPhone settings my message notifications weren’t all turned on. Now I get both messages and phone notifications.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke wrote:

Wow, this just worked. I had checked my phone and Versa set up and notifications were supposed to be on. Somehow this part was shut off.

I will remember this one. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mdavies14, welcome to the Community! Thanks for trying a few tips to fix this. Please keep in mind that Fitbit devices paired to iPhones or Windows 10 phones don’t receive notifications when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone, so please review that information on your phone. 😉 

@DoriMc@zigszoo and @Kathykfish, I appreciate your replies! Sounds great that your Versa is working fine now. Thanks for sharing the tips that worked for you. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

@DoriMc 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I've been trying to figure this out for days. Thank you so much Marrrmaduke 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baio4 You're welcome! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada