Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Discount Not Applicable to Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well Fitbit you have officially lost another customer to a competitor. I called in last night because my Fitbit Versa was not working. They could not fix it but offered a 25% discount code on a new product since it is of course just past the warranty. However that discount doesn’t apply to actually getting an equivalent product. My current Versa tracks floors and swimming but since my device died right before the release of Versa 2 they won’t give me the discount on that because it is “new”. So I can’t actually buy a product that does everything my current Versa used to do with the discount... how is that a replacement! Apparently I should have waited a few months to report it dying because then I’m sure they’ll actually let you buy an equivalent product. I’m not asking for a free replacement, but this is ridiculous! I have been a Fitbit advocate since the beginning and was really debating switching to Apple but know I will miss the challenges in the Fitbit community. Frankly crappy customer service after 10 years of loyalty isn’t worth it. It’s not surprising that so many are switching from Fitbit. Learn to reward your loyal customers and maybe you won’t go under!

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, I really do understand your frustration in this situation, but I also have doubts about it. Your Versa died after the warranty period and they offered you a 25% discount for a new Versa, which is IMO rather fair. Of course they will not replace your Versa with the new Versa 2, cause it's indeed a new device and has nothing to do with the problem you encountered with your current Versa. I read a lot of posts lately about Customer Support and the bad support they deliver. Let me state it that way: Sites like this are a blessing for those users who have problems with their device, but it has also a downside: people who are happy with their Versa do not post here telling that all is good and they are very happy with their Versa. I'm really convinced that there are a lot of users who are completely satisfied with this device. I'm a user of Fitbit products since the lauch of the Surge. After that I had the Blaze, Ionic and now the Versa. I can tell in all honesty that I never had to contact Customer Support in all these years for problems I could not solve myself and also never needed a replacement of one of these devices. Just my two cents from a satisfied Fitbit User. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer

Kuzibri- I was like you until last night, I am on my 7th device in 9 years. I had issues with a charge HR once under warranty and they replaced it. But this is my first issue outside of warranty. My issue was that they were telling me the 25% discount was a favor for a comparable device since they could not fix mine. However, they won’t send me a regular Versa because the don’t make them anymore and the closest device the discount applies to is a Versa lite which does not track floors or swimming. I’ve had a device that tracked floors for 5 years now... not something I want to give up. So the discount in my opinion is basically false advertising because you can’t actually purchase an equivalent option with it. The only equivalent option is the Versa 2...

Best Answer

Hi, sorry to read that you are only offered a Versa Lite instead of a new Versa. But on the other hand, is the Apple iWatch a good replacement? I have my doubts about that and for several reasons:

1. for one Apple iWatch you can buy two Versa's

2. the battery of the iWatch is terrible. If you're Lucky, it lasts one day on heavy use,

3. there are Always a lot of bugs when introducing a new iOS version.

4. changing clock faces is not possible, let alone make your own modifications to this watch

5. This I all know, cause my wife has one.

But, all in all, if you want to buy one, it's your decision. Regards kuzibri 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I completely agree. I happily bought the verse last year. When it works its a awesome fitness tracker and ok smart watch (no complaints) the problem is my first one broke because the screen (where the glass and metal connect) started to come off. Its almost like the adhesive was giving way and you could lift the glass to see the inner components, the watch itself still worked but glad I didn't take it into the pool that way. No problem these things happen, I had warranty at best buy so they gave me another. Bestbuy let me know I could not re up my warranty (i had previously been able to do this for my wife's fitbit) because fitbit wasn't allowing it on versa model any more (red flag)  Then that one died after 3 months. The screen got odd, it wasn't as crisp and it had subtle lines like an old tv. Ok.... odd but not to bad..... then its battery life reduced to 2 days, eventually it just stopped working (won't even turn on no matter what i try). Its no longer giving info on steps to my phone so it likely just died completely. So I call customer support (the person was amazing) and they sent me the info that either let me replace it completely for free or 50% discount on another device. Here is the thing.... why would I want another versa? Its broken on me twice and if fitbit themselves ended warranty at best buy they know it breaks to much and there losing money on people just using the warranty to replace. So I figured, "well first smart watch maybe the versa 2 fixes the issues". Welp, can't use the 50% code on versa 2 . So no I am stuck just getting the free versa (I know, not the worst I guess). But I am someone who doesn't like the idea that its just gonna break in another couple months. I like fitbit because it does alot of things the apple watch doesn't and the battery life is the biggest deal to me, unfortunately apple watch build quality appears to be WAY better as I know people who still have there original ones working fine. Basically I will be forced to go that route. 

Best Answer

I just called and they are sending me a replacement Versa because mine is only 8 months old and dead - I’ll use it until it fails (and I suspect it will before a year is up) and then I think I’m done with Fitbit. There are clearly issues with this device they are not owning up to and I’m hesitant to spend money on another product of theirs with that in mind. I’ve owned a Fitbit since their very first tracker but I’m done after  this replacement cr*ps the bed.

Best Answer

I completely know what you mean about your experience. I've been a loyal Fitbit fan for years and have had a variety of different products from them as well as have given them as gifts to build the community. Now, after my Versa died just after the warranty I was also given a 25% off discount for a variety of products that do not count steps or swimming. After realizing this I've reached back out twice to Fitbit and both times was told there was nothing they could do. I can't lie, I'm extremely upset. I also am not seeking a free device, but a bit more flexibility in the item I would purchase again. You would think a health company would want its loyal customers to purchase items that make the most sense for their fitness needs. Thanks a lot, Fitbit. I guess the real problem is that there just aren't that many options available at the moment. 😢

Best Answer

Hi tged24717,

I’d at least take a free replacement Versa... they won’t even let me pay for a replacement Versa with the 25% discount because they claim they don’t make that anymore and the only options are the Versa 2 no discount or the Versa Lite with a discount but it downs t count floors or do swimming... it’s really just ridiculous

Best Answer

The exact thing happened to me with my Versa. I was a couple months shy of the warranty & was offered the 25% discount. It is truly frustrating tho that Fitbit doesn’t see they are losing loyal peeps! Customer service has always been good to me & I understand they are only going by what they are allowed to say & offer. My issue is with Fitbit as a company. Loyalty obviously means nothing to them!! Very disappointing!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat. They offered me 25% off Versa basic or lite but not on the grey Versa I had originally. So $229 bought me a tracker I got to wear for just over 1 year. My first one broke within 3 months which they replaced. the next one broke 10 months later. Why would I spend another $150 to buy another that will just break within the year? Fitbit needs to fix this product or give better warranties! 1 year life is way too short for $200 product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat. My Versa screen went white last night and no reset options fixes were working. When I was given the code, I asked if I could use the BUNDLE code that is available today to get a free band with the new Versa 2 along with the 25% code and was told yes. Then, it wouldn’t work on the website, so I used the online chat and was told that I couldn’t purchase the Versa 2 with the 25% off code.

If I am going to spend a large sum of money on a product, I want to get the most updated version. I feel cheated into having to buy another product right after my warranty is up and they happen to have a new watch out. I have been with Fitbit for a long while, but now with so many other options out there I think it may be time to explore some other companies!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Although not quite the same, I’ve had a Fitbit Alta for 2 years and it is a piece of garbage. It has been replace 4 times within warranty. This 4th time, I decided to upgrade with the 50% off another tracker offer, only to find out it doesn’t apply to the Versa 2. I guess I’ll choose another tracker for now, but this will be my last Fitbit tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit is hemorrhaging customers who are
simply riding out replacements...I’m one of them. The customer service on this defective product issue has been case study worthy - of what NOT to do to your customers.

Sent from my iPhone
Please pardon brevity or any spelling errors/abbreviations.
Best Answer

Bringing up this topic because I'm on the same boat with everyone, I have had a fitbit for about 6 years and on my 5th device. My Ionic I had replaced twice before the screen lifted and was told I was out of warranty. The versa lite I got as a present and in less than three months and no water interaction (out of fear of what happened to the Ionic)

Screen lifted again, now I understand how policies and warranty works but I have read it elsewhere that there clearly is a problem with the versa lite and I think 2 and for that reason I think Fitbit SHOULD offer better replacement options for their customers.

I love being on fitbit because of the challenges I can get into with my friends and worth not but I just think I'm done with this product. They clearly don't care about their customers and think we won't leave because we don't have options.

I have been fighting them for two weeks now asking for a 50% discount on a Versa 3 wish me luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes