Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch face says “Donate” with a heart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch just started displaying “Donate” with a heart in a green box - when I click on it, it’s a link to get PRO features by donating to pure.amod.io. What in the world is this and how do I get rid of it???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Their are two ways to get rid of this. 

• Donate, the author doesn't ask for money, but asks a user to support a cause they care for. You can choose the amount to donate.
  • The other way is to switch to another clock face. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Their are two ways to get rid of this. 

• Donate, the author doesn't ask for money, but asks a user to support a cause they care for. You can choose the amount to donate.
  • The other way is to switch to another clock face. 
Best Answer

thank you! As a newbie I had no idea of what was going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We shouldn’t have to switch to another clock face nor donate.  This is very irritating and invasive to me.  Don’t allow this to happen again. So now I have to do something about it rather than you.

Best Answer

In what way is it invasive? 

Would you be willing to design and build me something? 

No I have no desire to pay you for your time and the cost of the materials, and feel that you should have no problems making me something at your cost 

Is simply asking me for payment for my time being to invasive. 

Best Answer

I donated.  It took $65.  I don’t know where that number came from.  I still have the button.  I want get rid of it, but I don’t want a different clock face.  I like this one.  It’s way too easy to hit that button by accident!

Best Answer

I donated.  It took $65 and I don’t know where that number came from. I still have the button.  It’s way to easy to touch it by accident.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Taddoh without knowing anything about your chosen watch face, probably won't matter, I suggest contacting the developer of the face. 

Best Answer

I paid to buy a Fitbit. Not to be scammed. Fitbit must take these thieves out. 

Best Answer

Sorry you feel this way @brownstone1 why not choose a free watchface. 

You have chosen a face not designed by Fitbit, but designed by a fellow community men knee. Apparently the developer feels his time is worth something but infant con earned about peeing paid. Instead they are looking for a donation to a cause they beliieve in. 

It is not a scam and opon installing you where warned that their will be a payment. 

So what your saying is that if you decided to write an app or watchface and have it published, you should not have the right to get paid for your time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Donate button appeared on my Fitbit following an update applied overnight.  The clock face I selected over a year ago was from the Free Faces selection.  There should be no expectation on the user to donate a fee for the clock unless this is specified at the outset.  Retrospectively requesting a 'donation' is not acceptable. 

I have also noticed that my clock face looks slightly different to previous - not immediately noticeable - but again  not my selection.  This has occurred following the update and I would guess its fraudulent. 

I have changed the watch face and the donate button isn't showing on the new face but I'm not happy at being essentially forced to change from my original free choice. 

Logged with Fitbit

Best Answer

i didn't know this was an outsourced watchface.  It should be made clear that you are a private designer and that your app calls for donations.  I would not have downloaded it.  Fitbit needs to reel in all the subcontractors, it makes me want to leave fitbit and get another watch that is more transparent about costs and services.  Hidden costs are the worst and I'd pay more to avoid the annoying rationale.

Best Answer

I agree.  I’m leaving. Taking my Fitbit back to Costco and going with apple. This is BS , I never “installed” an watch face. It came with it and suddenly appeared. I’m so sick of every single thing on the Internet trying to take my money. 

Best Answer

@onibaba it is not an outsourced or sub contracted watch face. 

A few years ago, users asked fitbit to allow users to design their own faces. 

Many users stepped up and designed a few and even released them as public faces in the app store. 

Some users have offered their designs for free, while others have decided that they should be compensated for their time and have set a specific price. 

Some users have decided that they will let the user decide what their time in designing is worth. 

Oh yes, if you wanted to design a watch face, you could set the price you want. 

Before you download an app, read the description. It will say if the author has requested payment. 

Or, here is a thought, tap on the free catagory. 

Best Answer
0 Votes