Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Quick Replies" feature for iOS users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Love the look of the new Fitbit Versa! However, any word on if Iphone users will be able to access the quick reply text feature? Or is that only going to be offered to Andrioid users permanently? 

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

@TennisFitKid

There are 3 possibilities:

1) Apple opens up its system and allow other wearables to use quick replies

2) You replace your iPhone with an Android

3) You will accept that you will never get it.

Best Answer
Lol so much anger
Best Answer

What he says is true though. The Pebble watch was able to have quick responses via an Android phone....but not iPhone. Apple has it locked up pretty tightly and does not allow it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it’s not. I have an iPhone and a Pebble 2. Quick replies worked all of
2017; recently though they have stopped working, but I can at least still
dismiss all notifications from my pebble.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only with Verizon, well after Android had it for years. Let me guess.....you have Verizon? Apple never implemented it, Verizon did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, Verizon. And this is why I unfortunately won’t be able to replace my
Pebble with a Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is switching from the Ionic to the Versa an upgrade at all? I am comparing the two devices, but I am pretty sure the Ionic has several more features, especially better battery and GPS from what I've observed. 

Best Answer

It's not at an upgrade, it would actually be considered a downgrade. I still prefer the Versa for its size and looks though

Best Answer

Absolutely fair, and for the price it’s a good device. 👍🏼 Thanks for the reply!

Best Answer

it May be an Apple issue it still frustrates me as the Apple Watch sucks, but I’m not buying all new phones because the android fanboys want to talk smack.  I used the have android and frankly hated all the memory leaks it had due to the lack of restrictions the open os had.  I’m an IT Professional and think there need to be some kind of middle ground between Apple and android.  One is too strict and the other is too open.  

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing to keep in mind is that FitBit said they're turning off the Pebble services at the end of June (check me on that date, not at all confident and it's changed a few times). The way the quick replies were implemented for iOS most definitely rely integrally on those services (where for Android it's integrating through the local notification API, in the early versions it was actually using the libraries in the Wear app to do it). Google has managed to work around some of this stuff for iOS by running complete apps on the watch (see gmail, for instance). They still don't have a way to interact, though, with anything native to iOS, though.

Best Answer

If you would like quick replies on your Apple iOS device for the Versa/Ionic, I would encourage you to let Apple know that it could affect your future iPhone buying decision.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

While the Versa/Ionic are competition for the Apple Watch, the iPhone is a much more important product line to Apple - they will not sacrifice iPhone sales in order to protect Apple Watch sales.  Just like they allow competing music environments (Spotify, Pandora etc). They will support competing wearable devices.  It may not have the tightest integration - but they will add features to prevent loss sales of their cash cow.

Note that iMessage is already being opened to third parties based upon user demand: 

https://developer.apple.com/imessage/

We just Apple to enhance the developer API calls to allow Fitbit to implement the quick replies. The more people that ask for the feature in the feedback forum, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Best Answer
IMG_1738.PNG
Submitted a recommendation.
Best Answer

@AlesaFitbit I was wondering if you could provide an update to your previous reply - with what partners are you working?  Has any progress been made with any particular partners (e.g. FB Messenger).  

How does the developer framework for iMessage impact this equation.  Other apps can send messages (e.g. Uber) through iMessage.  Is it a technical barrier or an Apple app restriction that is stopping this functionality from being implemented?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I thought I had read that iPhone users can not only get notifications but also reply to messages sent from FB messenger but the information was super clear so I have been searching for more. Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, I am upset also, but something that is also really good I have been using is Yo by Terry. You can send quick replies to your friends along with emojis, current location, and stats. This is a slight solution, but still nice. Looking forward to the real deal in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know whether FB has enabled test replies yet for iphone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

"Life is good"
Best Answer
0 Votes