Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Quick Replies" feature for iOS users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Love the look of the new Fitbit Versa! However, any word on if Iphone users will be able to access the quick reply text feature? Or is that only going to be offered to Andrioid users permanently? 

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

My mom has the ulta and an iPhone and can send replies.... what’s up with this.

Best Answer

Agreed, wish the $300 ionic would perform at a level that it’s capable of...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElizabethLoLo wrote:

My mom has the ulta and an iPhone and can send replies.... what’s up with this.

You mean ALTA? I really don't think you can send replies from Alta.

Best Answer

Me too! Just switched to iOS and am disappointed I can't quick reply 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am considering buying a FitBit Versa.  Would the quick reply feature work with Google Voice?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit.  I am considering buying a FitBit Versa.  Would the Quick Reply feature work on iOS if I use Google Voice?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the issue is in ios itself that doesn't let any third party app to allow such feature.

Best Answer

Of course they have a closed ecosystem. Its what makes them secure. And yes, it is OPEN to developers, and all developers know this. They develop, submit, and if it passes the security protocols, then it is incorporated or put on the app store.

And if this latent feature is enough for you to dump Apple, let me add my experience with the Apple watch 3 and Apple watch 3 Cellular, and the Samsung Gear S3. Let me preface with I am not a fanboy of any particular marque. I chose what works for me. Price, or lack of,  has never stood in the way of my choices. 

The Apple watches, although very good quality...the best of the three IMHO...had the best strap replacement system, and the graphics was the smoothest of them all. No jitter or lag, smooth as silk. And water resistant to 50 metres. What you would expect, from a product at that price point. It worked flawlessly with my iPhone. But, do I really need AL my phone apps on my watch? really? I want accurate fitness information and a crystal clear display. The Samsung? Cool and "rugged" looking, but alas, even showering with it is not recommended. The interface was cool-sih for the first day, then I just kept noticing how 2005 the graphics looked, and thinking about taking it off and putting it in a ziplock everytime I got caught in a downpour 5km from anywhere. Just not there yet Samsung. So, why did I choose the Versa? Because like the Apple watch, it was good for a 50 metre dunk. And kayak fishing, and hiking is part of my life, so ya, that is a must have feature. Also, the iPhone app works flawlessly. Better than the Apple interface I would say. Lets face it, Fitbit has been doing this longer and still better IMO. I also found the watch faces more to my liking on the Versa. But that is just personal taste. The text reply thing? Really? I thought about that. But in the end, for half the price it would not be a show stopper for me. Excuse me, but I am busy. I am like that sometimes. For me to view my texts and emails is enough for me to decide whether it's important enough to pull out my phone or not. So ya, after trying all three, for me, the Versa is a keeper.

More on the Apple watch. I was deeply disappointed at the cellular connectivity, and Siri functions. Not what I expected. Laying in my hammock in the back yard, 100 feet from my house...which has 1 gb fibre optic wifi...and broadcast just fine to my phone with 4 bars...did not see my watch. I was on the phone with Telus, Apple...I Googled it...nadda. There is NO way to turn OFF wifi and just use data if you think you may have a weak connection. You actually have to be out of any wifi zone for the cellular to turn "green" and then, it is spotty unless you are in an urban core. Conversations were NOT a pleasant experience even at home next to the router.

Anyhoo, sorry about the tome, but just thought I'd pass my experience on in case it helps.

anyone. 

Cheers! enjoy your day!

Best Answer

I agree with @Captain-Canuck, the versa's features (even without the quick text reply) with the built in quality of an apple watch would dominate this market for a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya, same here. That's why I returned ditched the Apple. I can get my phone out pretty quick if it's urgent. Having said that, purely out of curiosity, after reading someone else post totally unrelated about step counter accuracy, down the rabbit hole of WTF I went lol.

The Fitbit ads for the Versa, claim quick replies on iOS ARE part of the feature-set, and actually tell you how to enable it. So..WTF happened? Are we not getting something?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2344

I don't really care, but did I pay extra for a feature that does not exist? And PLEASE people do not try to trot out the "apples closed eco-system" excuse again. This was advertised as a done deal before and during launch and is still claimed to be valid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read the first paragraph of that help article you just linked to...

Use quick replies to send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit Ionic or Fitbit Versa. This feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, perhaps they need to rephrase and clarify the feature with at least an asterisk *

*Only available on Android, NOT compatible with iOS. The way it reads now can be misleading, as in fully developed feature for all platforms EXCEPT Android, but is coming soon.

See notifications for calls, calendar events or texts and send quick replies (coming soon to Android)

https://www.staples.ca/en/fitbit-versa-smartwatch-black-fb504gmbk-cala/product_2864243_1-CA_1_20001?...

My guess you are, or will be getting a LOT of returns, as many people want this feature, and a LOT of people are invested in the iOS ecosystem.
Me? the only NON apple devise I own is the Versa, and I traded in my Apple Watch 3 for it, so no, its not a huge deal for me, but a nice feature.
To keep harping about the iOS closed eco-system is very unprofessional in 2018. FitBit has developers. If they cannot write a secure feature that passes muster with their people…like thousands of companies already do, then you should NOT be in the smartwatch game. You will lose without a massive player like Apple on board. Dragging your heels will lead you down the same path as Nortel, Palm, and Blackberry.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and keep your eye on the ball, because Apple is. They loose sleep over FitBit, so don’t expect them to rest on their laurels. They never do. Keep the pedal to the metal and keep up the good work.

Dave.
Best Answer

Yeah Staples has old information...

Quick Replies were not available at release, it was added as a software update later. So "(coming soon to Android)" is just out-dated language. Definitely confusing.

Also, they're somehow charging $50 more for the Versa than fitbit.com...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya, yer right ...good thing they have such a good return and price match policy lol!

I went through the same nonsense with another retailer whom shall remain nameless.

Ordered the Apple 3 GPS+Cellular. Received the non-cellular model. Sent it back, they apologized, sent me the correct one at a discount for the trouble, and after all that, I didn't like either lol. Tried the Samsung Gear S3...LOOKS rugged eh? Nah...warranty does not even cover showering lol, and the screen was kinda 2005. IMHO

I'll be keeping the Versa....for now 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
You missed the last sentence of the introductory paragraph of the link you
posted: "This feature is currently only available on watches paired to an
Android phone running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later."

I'm taking a serious look at the Galaxy Watch to replace my Pebble 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup sure DID miss it...can't find that text anywhere on Staples site.

If you are looking at the Galaxy Gear S3, it may be a step up from the Pebble, but I owned it, and did not find it stood up to the Apple 3 or the Versa. Now to be fair, if you are an Android person, it may work for you, as I am told the interface is smoother and friendlier than the iOS software. And, as rugged as it looks, showering with it will void your warranty. Both the Apple and Versa are good for 50m. The cool dial thingie on the S3? don't' rub up against anything...like your pillow when you are sleeping, clothing...anything that will rotate the dial, as it may change settings inadvertently. It's not like an actual dive watch bezel which is stiff..for a reason. Also, the interface still requires a lot of tapping and swiping, so the bezel just seemed gimmicky to me.

Now that is just MY impression, and may not even be the watch you are considering lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung Galaxy Watch. Not the s3. Comes out in a week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

ANy idea if text notification font size will be adjustable soon ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am one of those many people who totally missed the "quick reply" only good for Android users. 😞 
I just purchased my versa yesterday and have to admit that I may not be keeping it. I bought it specifically for that feature so now that I can't have it I'm not sure if I need this $200+ device if it can't do what I want it to do. 

Reason for this msg though is wondering if there has been any updates regarding if an IOS merge has been figured out? I have been reading all these posts since 03-2018 but haven't seen an actual "update" on a potential software update to include IOS. If there has been any movement on this front. Pretty sure that question may need to be answered by a FITBIT team member.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, my daughter just purchased the Versa for me thinking we would be able to communicate back and forth. Not so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes