Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Quick Replies" feature for iOS users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Love the look of the new Fitbit Versa! However, any word on if Iphone users will be able to access the quick reply text feature? Or is that only going to be offered to Andrioid users permanently? 

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

I too purchased a fitbit versa and i am not able to use the quick replied and have received many updateds. No where in the fine print did i see u cant use for iphones. My husband has an android and can use it. Im not giving up my iphone for the quick replies for the versa. So wished i would have gotten an apple watch 😪

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angie447 yes, sadly, I also discovered that the hard way. Having said that, I had already tried 2 apple 3 and 1 Samsung Galaxy gear S3 watch, returned all three, and settled on the Versa, and decided not to return it as well despite the clearly old and misleading specs about responding to texts. Luckily both Staples and The Source here have a 15 and 30 day return policy, so plenty of time to assess and return. See my other posts as to why I considered the Versa a better choice for me despite the missing instant respond feature for iOS...And IMHO? I doubt it will ever be offered on this watch or OS anytime soon. If the Apple watch had even a 3 day charge, and more than a half a dozen disable faces, maybe I would have held out for the 4...But alas, Apple also dropped the ball. They all have flaws, you just need to decide which you can live with. 

Yes, normally Imwould have immediately returned the Versa once I discovered what I considered the deceptive and misleading advertising...But I had already tried the others and found them more wanting.

Contact FitBit. And don't buy the "stubborn closes Apple eco system" excuse. This is 2018. It's called lazy or poor corporate communications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had att, pebble, iPhone. Worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well you are right about the charge last 3 to 4 days that definately is a plus versus the iphone having to charge more often. Other than the quick text i am happy with the fitbit versa just really wanted to be able to use all of the features. But from what i have read its an apple thing stinks tho that it didnt say that more clearly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well you are right about the charge last 3 to 4 days that definately is a plus versus the iphone having to charge more often. Other than the quick text i am happy with the fitbit versa just really wanted to be able to use all of the features. But from what i have read its an apple thing stinks tho that it didnt say that more clearly when i purchased it.

Best Answer
Totally agree, hoping they come up with a work around.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes me too i do enjoy my fitbit versa other than being able to use my quick text im jealous my husband can use it with his android but im not willing to give up my iphone for it !

Best Answer
0 Votes

You really purchased this Fitbit just for that feature? 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

no, not at all. I knew it didn't have the feature when I bought it. Just hopeful they'd add it.

Best Answer

Since I needed a watch now, I went ahead and bought the Apple S3 38 mm.  The price has been reduced now that the S4 is available making it about $50 more in my area.  I only use the watch for notifications, reminders, and walk/run fitness tracking.  It is really nice to be able to take a phone call or reply to a text quickly.  At work, we have to limit the time on phones.  I use theatre mode and turn off automatic work out detection and have been able to charge every other day.  However, I can easily get through a whole day with more moderate to heavy use without it running out of battery.  I do wish the battery life was better.  It was disappointing that Apple went with a smaller capacity battery in favor of thinness with the S4.  I hope they come out with an Active edition.  I also dislike that Apple's closed system prevent us from having other choices like the Versa.  Since. use prepaid, the option through the carrier I had when I used Pebble and had ATT probably would not be available to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I'm glad you got things worked out. Unfortunately having to switch devices. I want to switch but I really do like the versa. Besides the reply feature do you like the Apple watch better for fitness/heart rate tracking than the Fitbit versa? I have a chance to exchange but I really don't want to if the Fitbit is better at fitness tracking/hr tracking. Thanks 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear your pain. I returned my Apple 3 Cell/GPS because of the poor cell performance. Intermittent, dropped calls, not worth the extra $$$
I also returned the non-cell version because of the closed system ( I own all apple products for ease of communication between devices) and tried and returned the Galaxy watch because of it’s incompatibility.
I also realized, that reading texts and emails was more important to me than responding immediately. I am retired, and the bulk of my messages, calls and texts are of a personal nature, and not emergencies that require an immediate response. They can wait a few seconds/minutes till I take out my phone to respond.
I was also disappointed with Apples watch face selection. More aesthetic and novelty than practicality, with no promises of a future FitBit style face store.
As amusing I found the adventures of Woody and his pals, Mickey and Minnie…I never found a face that at a glance while working out, could work for me.
Just my 2 cents.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My main fitness tracker was a Vivosmart HR plus for past 2 years.  Loved it.  Great battery life of 4 to 5 days, built-in GPS, notifications that do not disappear, waterproof, and more.  Always on time.  The nonreplaceable band was very irritating to my wrist.  

My daughter has Fitbit Charge 2.

I am probably not the best person to ask on fitness stuff.  I like to know my heartrate and keep up with walk/run miles because I try to exercise every day.  You can find that in Health app.  I do like the Nike Run Club app.  It meets my needs 😊 and serms to be fairly close to what VivoSmart info.  I also keep up with my steps.  Motivates me to do more!

I did like Garmin's app and the Fitbit app too.

The Apple watch has built-in GPS, text replies, easier to read, and was only $50 more than Versa.  I do not use as replacement to phone.  The only apps I use our for convenience...door lock, alarm system, hearing aids.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My main fitness tracker was a Vivosmart HR plus for past 2 years.  Loved it.  Great battery life of 4 to 5 days, built-in GPS, notifications that do not disappear, waterproof, and more.  Always on time.  The nonreplaceable band was very irritating to my wrist.  

My daughter has Fitbit Charge 2.

I am probably not the best person to ask on fitness stuff.  I like to know my heartrate and keep up with walk/run miles because I try to exercise every day.  You can find that in Health app, which is very useful.  One plus is I do not have to remember to leave this app running like I did my Garmin Connect.  I do like the Nike Run Club app, which works with Apple Health.  It meets my needs 😊 and seems to be fairly close to what VivoSmart info.  I also keep up with my steps.  Motivates me to do more!

I did like Garmin's app and the Fitbit app too.

The Apple watch has built-in GPS, text replies, easier to read, and was only $50 more than Versa.  I do not use as replacement to phone.  The only apps I use our for convenience...door lock, alarm system, hearing aids.  I am no frills person, and I thought this Apple watch was a bit much for me.  Now, I don't know that I would go back to anything else.  Siri is so useful to set timers, ask for weather, etc.  If you can deal with having to charge every day ir every other day, tap for time (saves battery), and a little bulkier it is good choice!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well the door/alarm/home features of the Apple watch would have swayed me....if we ever locked our doors lol...but we live in the country so burglars and home invaders are far and few between.
As far as easy-to-read goes, I find the Versa superior...and I've owned 2 Apple 3 watches.
I was holding out for longer battery life and more watch face selection in the 4...but alas...*sigh*

Sent from my portable telecommunications device. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
My notifications on my versa do not disappear after I read them. I have the option to clear or go back. Not sure if that's important to anyone, just wanted to add that ✌️

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Ya, I noticed that. I also noticed it after I got one..noticed another, and went “GAWD! furnace cleaning tomorrow!” and quickly remembered…no, that was last month and he came and went lol. After I cleared half a dozen, I finally was offered a “clear all” prompt.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the quick reply function work with iOS!!!

One of your "main sales arguments" when Versa was released was that it had quick reply function, and you didn't directly announced that it only worked with Android! To know this buyer had to read the "fine printing"!

This function was one of the most reason I purchased this version. At least I believed that it will come soon after purchase. 

But still now after months there are no talk about this, no updates from your side or anything! Just like you hoped that people will "forget" about it!

"Apples closed eco system"? Didn't you know about this BEFORE releasing the product? Didn't your technicians had this in mind before? Didn't you talk to Apple before releasing or even planned this function! How can you even sell a product that has function that works for half of the users? You selled the Versa in 2 different versions, why not 2 different versions with one for android and one for Apple?

Sorry in advance but this really really annoys me!

Same thing with the Fitbit Pay! You should have been more clear that it didn't work with the "MAJORITY" of the banks! In Sweden there's only like one or two banks that accepts this. And when asking the if there gonna support this function they say "we cannot answer this". And this was also one of the main reasons I got the Versa!

So that means I'm stucked with a watch that half of the upgraded functions from Charge 2 (that I had before) is missing. The only thing that I got by upgrading is downloading apps, witch market also doesn't seems to go "to fast" forward. 

So please be more customer friendly and update the users what is happening. I like Fitbit and had it for a long time. Before I purchased the Versa I struggled for long time witch smart watch to choose, Versa or Apple Watch. But slowly I started to regret this. Its a good product but still! And your releasing new products while speaking, before "fixing" the old ones!

Best Answer

there was an update today but the iPhone Quick Reply issue doesn't seem to be resolved>

Why wouldn't you just make the feature accessible through the desktop application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does one know there has been an update? I have had no alerts or notifications.

Any idea what the updates were? 

Most devices I own, advice an update is available, what it is, the version, and what it does.

...and, surprise surprise, it won't update after whatever the update was. Assuming it did update.

Rebooted both devices..twice..still, no sync, manual or auto *sigh* I may have to go back to Apple watch again. I don't want to, but really? 

Best Answer
0 Votes